Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Saturi” on August 22, 2024.

[Archived]

We want to inform you about recent improvements to the Shop search algorithm across all IMVU platforms. These updates, made in response to feedback from our community, are designed to better prioritize product names, keywords, and descriptions, ensuring that users can more easily find specific products by name and access more accurate and relevant search results when browsing the catalog.

As a result of these changes, some Creators may notice that their products appear lower in search results than before. To help users find your products more easily, we recommend guiding them to filter products by Creator or by searching for unique characters that you consistently include in your product names.

We understand that this change may impact the visibility of some products, and we appreciate your understanding as we work to enhance the overall shopping experience for all users. Additionally, we are working to improve the visibility of searching and filtering by Creator. In an upcoming update for IMVU Web and Desktop, we will enhance the accessibility of the field that allows users to directly search for products by Creator, making it more visible and easier to find. Similar improvements are planned for other platforms in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know by posting to the Creator Connection or Discord. Thank you for your ongoing contributions to the IMVU community.

1 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on August 22, 2024.

[Archived]

Should the results be from the key tag words and not the product title?

1 Votes

C

Posted by “izru” on August 22, 2024.

[Archived]

IMG_7605These are the results for “summer” keyword btw… amazing, brilliant idea to bring them in front pages. And also most of the creators dont know that they can DMCA people who use their name in keywords/tags. So good luck to the DMCA department because they will have a lot of work in the next weeks/months. I didn't waste my last 5 years creating almost daily just because imvu doesn't feel like fixing its mistakes anymore, I will DMCA every person who uses my name and I encourage the other creators to do the same. Why should we suffer for your mistakes? The first time you took our money for the mistake YOU ALLOWED for years with the MCG, then you forced us to get VIP so we could withdraw the money, you forced us to buy diamond VIP to pass our products from peer review, a broken system in which in your opinion it is all our fault. In recent years you took as much as you could from the creators and gave us NOTHING in return, and for this nothing we had to work even harder.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “izru” on August 22, 2024.

[Archived]

You have this problem every year, every year you ruin the whole shop by bringing the products from 2006-2012 to the front, probably because those creators are no longer active and you have the money/credits left. You are not doing the creators any favors by making these "changes". In fact, there is no change, only that you no longer feel like repairing what you break. I would have politely asked you to respect us creators, who waste hours every day to make this game attractive for players, in recent years you have done nothing but mock the creators and humiliate them, I feel like you're doing it this way on purpose so that we all leave and it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks so considering that the number of old creators has dropped drastically. Most moving to SecondLife and other platforms. Why do we still have to buy premium names for which we pay hundreds of thousands of credits when the shop will no longer show you the name, but some products made at least 10 years ago by some creators with similar names. Thank you once again as now you are making fun of the only people who are trying to do something for your platform

0 Votes