[Archived - MaxSMoke777] Peer Review for only Diamond VIP members? Can't be true....

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 25, 2024.

[Archived]

While trying to get an item unlocked to fix a minor issue, I heard something really disturbing from a customer support person. I think she must be confused.

She said that Peer Review was being reserved for Diamond VIP members only. WIthout Peer Review, no new items could be made. So it sounds like we're being forced to either upgrade to Diamond VIP in order to make new things for IMVU.

I'm certain that can't be true. I don't know what she misread or got mixed up with. (also she didn't unlock my item, so she was messing up a bunch of stuff)

I'd just like official word that she was mistaken.

0 Votes

11 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Ivkafr93” on July 02, 2024.

[Archived]

Opss I miss understand I'm sorry.thank you very much for your answer and now I understand better I'm diamond VIP in already one year but I just wanted to give my opinion sorry again for the miss understand

Thank you

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 02, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @Ivkafr93​, Anyone can do Peer Review. Only requests to Customer Service for Peer Review require Diamond VIP. Please see @Saturi​ post above ^^ for more info.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on July 01, 2024.

[Archived]

Yes, I added a crab-walk to the male version of my crab claws, just like I already did with the female. It's all up and running now.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Ivkafr93” on June 30, 2024.

[Archived]

That is not very good soo if you don't have diamant VIP you can do it peer review??? That means our products will up more swoll now we need to wait maybe a week. It's meen lease peaple for doing peer review and the creators need absolutely have the diamond VIP for create that is no fear

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on June 28, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ Were you able to get assistance in unlocking your product?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 28, 2024.

[Archived]

Why would anyone ever need Customer Support to handle Peer Review? Peer Review is handled by the end users. It's odd that anyone would ever need to contact Customer Support for Peer Review.

I only contacted them because I needed a product unlocked so I could add to it.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Saturi” on June 28, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ 

My apologies for the confusion, but it is true that now only Diamond VIP members will be eligible to submit Peer Review requests to Customer Support.

Customer Support was never intended to handle Peer Review requests, which is why that service is not listed anywhere. We've been accommodating these requests as a courtesy, but the volume has become overwhelming. This change aims to free up support resources, allowing the team to more effectively manage account and service-related issues.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

Yes, I didn't think there were any restrictions. I think your customer service rep was just confused. It's good to hear some confirmation.

MAN! Can you even imagine if that was true?? That'd be crazy! :o

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

As far as I know there are no restrictions on having your products PR'd. Maybe I am not understanding.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

No no, is wasn't that she said you couldn't be part of the Peer Review without the extra-costly "Diamond VIP", but that you couldn't get your item reviewed without the extra-costly "Diamond VIP".

You need VIP to earn money from being a developer, but you don't need the "Diamond" grade (it's $20 vs $10 per month), and I don't think you need any VIP at all, if you aren't planning on earning money.

I'd assume VIP exists to make pirate accounts less feasible, and likely, to cover the transfer fees and such, as IMVU is now shuffling around huge numbers of transactions since they took over the credit reseller's job.

Peer Review really should be available for all. After all, IMVU isn't paying anyone to do Peer Review. It's free work that the end users do. Charging for access to the free labors of other users would be... well... beyond scummy. I'm pretty sure nobody at IMVU would stoop so low. There's the "reasonable cost of doing business", and then there's the "beyond the pale".

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

They are mistaken.

To participate, you must:

• Be 18 years of age or older
  • Be a user of IMVU for at least 6 months
  • Have recently logged in to IMVU Classic. Click here to download the latest version
  • Have not been blocked from participating in Peer Review due to abuse

0 Votes