[Archived - MaxSMoke777] Anyone else find shopping on IMVU+ clients broken?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 25, 2024.

[Archived]

When I try to use Desktop to shop, all of the search results and categories just loop back to my own inventory.

When I use the Web interface, I do get a few results from the catalog... VERY FEW. Almost everything is missing. Some categories show nothing at all. It seems to be completely random what shows up too.

Is this just a problem with my computer (computers, I have tried this on two). Or do you see the same problem?

I did test this on Mobile and the shopping worked just fine. It doesn't have this issue plaguing Desktop and Web.

Just to help illustrate what I'm talking about, I made a little video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTzmq8ynyqA

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

OMG, how many times have I come back a week later and still saw the limited search... :/

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Agree! "when you leave and re-enter a client..."

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

Lestat was correct. It was that there was a name set under "Creator" for the search results. On Desktop, the name was set to my own. On Web, it was set to another dev I know. So both times, all of my results were getting locked down with me being none-the-wiser.

Might I suggest, when you leave and re-enter a client, that all past "Restrict by Creator" tags get removed? It would help make every search after re-entering a client, clean and fresh.

It's highly unlikely somebody (or anybody) would want that restrictive tag permanently fixed.

Also the option is SO far down in the menus, it's easy to overlook.

Who knows how many people have accidentally restricted their shopping and have NO IDEA why their shop doesn't work anymore.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

Heh. @LestatDeLioncourt​, you beat me to it. I was going to point that out also. It looks like in your video you are filtering on one or more creators which is limiting the results. In your video when searching web you are filtering on creator 'Koely'

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hey, you nailed this one! You are CORRECT!

I didn't notice that there was a name already set there. I can't even imagine how it got set in the first place as I've never used the "Search by Creator" option. Must have been a hiccup in the Matrix!

Ok, *NOW* I'm seeing all of the search results. Thanks! I grant you ONE INTERNET POINT! (lol)

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hey Max, this one got me a few times, too. Look in the lower left corner and blank out the previous search, Creator's name. Look closely at the snapshot...

Screenshot 2024-06-25 184119

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Um, what? I'm talking about the Shop, in general. Like all developers.

I'm trying to use the shop. You can watch me in the video.

There is a chance, with your level of access, you see something different then most end users.

Do you have a test account of some kind? If so, please go to the shop on the Web Client or the Desktop, and see if you can shop. Look for, I dunno, "Karate" or "Dog" or whatever else.

You can see the video, I can't shop. I can't tell if there's something wrong with my account or if the shopping is broken in general.

----

I just tested it again, using the Web client. I was able to find some stuff under "Mens". It loaded 149 results of new items. That's better then zero... but well short of the (I'm guessing) 50,000+ results it should have shown. I would expect, as long as I kept scrolling down, it would load up more and more and more. Instead, it loaded up about 5 pages worth and just pooped out.

I tried a search for "Karate" and got ZERO results. If I do this same search on IMVU Classic, I get 177.

Now, is this my account having an issue, or is IMVU's shopping on all IMVU+ platforms basically broken?

Except for Mobile, of course. Mobile actually works perfectly! I just did the same search on Mobile and it loaded up all 177 results. It was a HUGE list! This is what I should be seeing on Desktop and Web... but I don't.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 26, 2024.

[Archived]

I am seeing your shop very well populated in both web and desktop when I filter on your avatar and imvu+

0 Votes