[Archived - MaxSMoke777] Is shady IMVU Piracy stuff happening on Github?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 11, 2024.

[Archived]

I was searching for the IMVU Github to take a crack at making a game, and I found a bunch of search results for "IMVU Github", one of which was a CLF to CHKN converter. Does this do what I think it does? Sounds like it's one of those piracy tools that strips out developer content so scumbags can reupload it under their own name. Can you NUKE these people?

Also.. if this is what I think it is.... maybe do a Google search for this kind of stuff once in awhile? Is this dude really just operating in the open like this? From the releases section, I can see this guy has been at it since 2019, using Github, not hiding anything.

If I'm confusing this with something else, sorry for troubling you.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on June 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Good to hear!

Something else somebody at IMVU might want to consider doing is searching YouTube once a month, or two, for IMVU videos related to hacking IMVU. I was searching "IMVU" on YouTube and found a few in the first dozen results.

I actually reported two videos that were nothing more then tutorials on how to spam IMVU chatrooms with auto-typing scripts. I've seen videos several years old, and YouTube has no issue removing hackers, so apparently nobody cared enough to report these people. :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 12, 2024.

[Archived]

I will ask the engineering team about this. Thanks!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 12, 2024.

[Archived]

I remember .CFL files. They were made by the old stand-alone "Previewer" This reminds me of many old CFL Files I need to convert to .CHKN FIles before the old Classic Client is washed away.

Those with knowledge of how to do these things probably can highjack products. IDK

0 Votes