[Archived - Saturi] IMVU Studio Toolkit Update for 3ds Max Now Available!

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Saturi” on May 16, 2024.

[Archived]

The updated 3ds Max Toolkit brings enhanced functionality and flexibility as we introduce new features and tools. Here's an overview of what the toolkit now includes:

• Room Tool
  • Furniture Tool (Now with animation name support!)
  • Attachment Tool
  • Clothing Tool

One of the key features of this new version of the Toolkit is that it works in a 1-to-1 scale with IMVU Studio, not at 100x. This means that if you create an 11.5-meter-tall box, it will come into IMVU Studio at the same height as the avatar (yes, the avatar is actually 11.5 meters tall). Additionally, you can easily move assets between applications like Blender while keeping them the same size.

Another key feature which is new to the 3ds Max Toolkit is the ability to export avatar poses and animations. Exporting poses is now as simple as clicking a checkbox and hitting ‘Export’. You have the option now to export only keyframed bones, which allows your animation work base avatar idles and actions such as “wave”.  Also you can export all bones and make your own idles. Additionally, when using the Furniture Tool alongside the Avatar Animation Tool, you can easily export assets for Prop Action Furniture products, which are furniture products that animate in conjunction with an avatar.

We're excited to introduce these new features, and we hope they enhance your experience with IMVU Studio. To download the updated 3ds Max Toolkit, click here.

0 Votes

9 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on June 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Tell me more about "build kit".

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LadyRassilon” on May 31, 2024.

[Archived]

I would be nice to have a better build kit for blender

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on May 29, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @Lovingangel2​, IMVU Studio will absolutely work on Apple PCs. Are you referring to iPhone/iPad?

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hi @LadyMack​, Are you trying to use Toolkit with your existing 3ds Max project files? You can absolutely do this. You just need to make sure that anything you want to export is in an 'EXPORT' layer. Let me know if this is not working for you.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

It is in the works and should be released soon!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LadyMack” on May 25, 2024.

[Archived]

the tool-kit would be much more helpful if the add on files was updated its files i need that cant be opened or downloaded

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ChicByTrinity” on May 25, 2024.

[Archived]

I'm still waiting to see actual light sources (huge use cases with those!) instead of infinite lights which are basically suitable for sunlight only. Parameters like falloff distance (start and end) for any light (omni and spotlight) would make a massive difference.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “3DScreen” on May 25, 2024.

[Archived]

In fact, Imvu needs to combine its PC-only assets into a single application completely like Studio Desktop, and a new version should be created. Imvu 2, like other games, needs to have different game sections that introduce users to different tasks and passions. I think that keeping up with this rapidly developing sector will provide great gains.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Lovingangel2” on May 24, 2024.

[Archived]

When will imvu studio platform come out for Android and Apple products instead of PC?

0 Votes