[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on May 11, 2024.

[Archived]

I have really hit the wall on Icons for my work. I have many items that have no visible model until used, and one of my contracted projects is for a dance move that has no model at all. I really need the ability to customize my Studio icons. It's an absolute necessity. I know they don't want to see any more Icon-Image-Abuse, but you can't remove all ability for people to add their own icons.

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on May 16, 2024.

[Archived]

What I'm wondering is where to users go for news about IMVU? Is there any? Is there an IMVU news website of some kind, or do people just sorta diddle around randomly without any clue what's going on?

If there isn't, since IMVU does SUCH a poor job of bringing new users into the fold, maybe we should make an IMVU fan website? Show off new items, tips and tricks, some form of explanation on how to get the most out of the game?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on May 15, 2024.

[Archived]

We were told in 2019/2020 that icons (or lack of) would be resolved soon, so I kept creating particle accessories in studio, the effects of that were my customer base which was using classic couldn't see them in client and new users hardly purchased because there are no sales icons to see the product... Not the only reason but a major reason I had to leave IMVU as a full timer... income dropped 90%. I HIGHLY suggest if your making products for studio, and no icon of the product is rendered, do not submit if you're expecting sales of any kind.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on May 13, 2024.

[Archived]

Also... why can't I edit my posts here??? I can see I spelled "Can't" as "Can", a mistake I make all of the time, but can't go back and fix.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on May 13, 2024.

[Archived]

I have tried to force it to use the "Classic" icons, but it's a no-go, they won't get used in the Desktop client, nor on Mobile.

I can see they are pushing hard for this "Unified/Minimalistic" (read:watered down) look for the clients. But it DOES NOT WORK for many items! The user's can see what they have bought, if they ever buy it at all.

The Mobile client is the ABSOLUTE loser in this scenario, as you don't even get product names. So the end user is left to guess what is what. I can't find many of my products with icon issues. What a NIGHTMARE!

What really chaps my hide is the same issue that effects all software development:

The Company doesn't use their own software.

In the industry, they call it, "Eating your own dogfood". It means that people in the company never use their own software. It's corporate LAZINESS, as if people in the company never use their own software, how on EARTH can they see it's obvious flaws??

Everybody at IMVU needs to sit down for an hour a day and just PLAY the IMVU game. I find it very educational as a developer to just try to assemble outfits from my items and see what is clearly missing.

From what I can see, right now, they are depending entirely on user feedback. If we don't tell them about something, they'll never see it themselves.

IMVU should be EXPLODING with users, and it used to be a decade ago, but now it's languishing because of this lack of interest by it's very employees.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on May 11, 2024.

[Archived]

I would absolutely Love to be able to go back through my catalog and add in my own icons! i have a few products that are just animations and you can't see anything. the only way to update the icons is in classic mode which I don't use anymore. it's frustrating to say the least.

0 Votes