[Archived - MaxSMoke777] My submissions keep hiding themselves....

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on April 27, 2024.

[Archived]

It's happened a few times now and it's really irritating me. I get an object through Peer Review (an object who's settings I checked and double checked before submission) and I found "Searchable" turned off. The object was HIDDEN!

And just to turn it back to searchable, it has to go through Peer Review again!

It seems to work after I change the setting back, and needlessly go through Peer Review again, but it's slowing down my sales. I had one object go 2 weeks before I noticed it was hidden! I thought Peer Review was just REALLY REALLY slow! No, it passed, it was just out of commission the entire time.

It happened just again today with my Wolf Heads.

0 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on May 08, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​, We have identified the issue and will be having a fix coming in a future (next maybe) release of Studio, such that it correctly reads the publish controls settings.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on May 03, 2024.

[Archived]

I just looked at the two items I submitted today, and BOTH were set to hidden! Both of them I submitted more the once, as I noticed some issues after the fact. Hopefully the settings stuck this time.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on May 03, 2024.

[Archived]

Ah, yes, that sounds about right, because I often forget some minor adjustment, especially when I'm editing Male and Female versions at the same time, I often notice something in one version I missed in another and resubmit the fix. In fact, I think I just did that today with a dance floor, I'll have to see if it's set to hidden as well.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on May 02, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi All, Thanks for all of the very helpful feedback. I was just able to reproduce the case where a product is set to visible on the product page, I edit it in Studio and 'Searchable' is toggled "off". If I toggle it "on" resubmit or submit as new it show as visible on the product page, but then when I edit it again in Studio the toggle is "off". I have written this up as a bug.

Just so I am clear, is this the issue you are seeing @MaxSMoke777​?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Lovestory” on May 02, 2024.

[Archived]

This only happens to me if I submit the product via classic client, edit it in studio to add effects and such and then re-send it into peer with the changes made.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 02, 2024.

[Archived]

This is the old bug fixed a couple of years ago. It is back. Editing while in PR causes the issue. The product should maintain the settings provided by the creator and not the state of the product. The Studio is reading the settings from he wrong place, again.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on May 02, 2024.

[Archived]

I've noticed a similar issue and I think the problem is that Studio recognises a product that is still in PR as being hidden (even if it is set to visible/searchable). If I submit a product through Classic, then edit it in Studio while it is still in PR, 'searchable' will be unchecked.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on May 01, 2024.

[Archived]

Hmm.. Not sure this is it, but check your default submission preferences in Studio Preferences.

default submission preferencesIf it is something that is happening coming out of PR, that is really weird.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on April 30, 2024.

[Archived]

No, again, the Classic Client is rock solid. No issues with it.

This is Studio. I am revamping my old items I made with Classic from over a decade ago in Studio, shining them up and adding new features to them. Then I submit them as a new item, since they are new at that point. And it sneaks in and makes them hidden!

I know, with the wolf heads in particular, I made extra certain they were set to visible. I think I even checked the page just to double check. But after they got out of Peer Review, they were hidden. This has been happening a BUNCH!

What's worse, I was checking my catalog while logged out to see what others are seeing, and the last month worth of my items didn't show up! Almost all of these have been through Peer Review, and none were hidden. I've even had some sales, so I don't understand what's going on there at all. Somehow SOMEBODY saw them and bought them, but I don't understand how.

Are items now hidden from non-VIP members for a month, or something?

I've been trying to stoke sales with Reddit posts, but items that I thought were free and clear apparently weren't. It's torpedoing my attempts to get sales and must make me look like an idiot listing invisible items. Nobody has said, one way or the other, so I am very confused as to what is going on now.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on April 29, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​, Is this happening when submitting from Classic Client? We another creator saying they were having similar behavior with the 'Allow 3rd party bundles' option from Classic Client. They claimed that the option was unchecked in the dialog, but the product after submission was set to 'Bundleable'.

As a side, if you change the 'Product hidden/visible' on the Classic Web product page it will not go back into PR.

0 Votes