[Archived - LovedWarrior]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “LovedWarrior” on March 29, 2024.

[Archived]

Can we have a "derivable" text written on the derivable items we make while using IMVU studio thumb nail pictures? I mean instead of making on our own. Maybe a small text or something like that to separate it from non derivable items? Something implemented in IMVU studio? I am in the alpha group but I am not able to access the group. Is it closed? I wanted to suggest it there.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 31, 2024.

[Archived]

You can forgo Studio icons, almost entirely, if you just upload your own icon to the via the "Add HTML Description" link on your item's catalog page.

I find Studio icons to often be frustratingly useless. They are ok if you make clothing or non-interactive furniture, but the second you have complex animations, or hidden items that pop out on command, they show either a mess or nothing at all.

Fortunately, at this point, you don't need to use Studio icons. You can upload your own icon and just skip the larger Studio icon. It's still marked "optional".

I know a FEW people abused the old icon system to upload images that pushed their BRAND over the object they were selling (You know who you are!), but for many of us, the custom created icons were critical to show off the item in the best light, and more importantly, giving the end user the best idea of what the item was like. This push towards these new, supposedly "cleaner" icons are actually making the creation of good icons so much harder then it should be.

This thing with the icons is systemic of so many current issues with Desktop, Mobile, and Studio.

I know IMVU's management is chasing other games, and popular UI's, with their "minimalistic" interfaces. But the IMVU Classic we have now was actually REALLY WELL made. Genius really. Everything is where you need it, it's a pleasure to use. It's the compilation of around 2 decades of actual user experience and needs.

Desktop isn't. I can see the limits Mobile has to deal with, but there's no reason Desktop should be this hard to use. The people in charge need to learn from Classic and implement it's existing genius in Desktop and Mobile.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LovedWarrior” on March 31, 2024.

[Archived]

Thanks so much for the info and the email!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 31, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @LovedWarrior​ I like your idea :) To answer your question about that group. There have been some recent changes. Send an email requesting access. to creator.advocate@imvu.com to get reinstated into the alpha group.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes