[Archived - DiamondBones] Iridescent Shine not working on Head from Skin product

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 15, 2024.

[Archived]

https://go.imvu.com/shop/product-64783310/

Regular shine works, but not iridescent

Works fine for the rest of the body

I removed my head, using default, and it looks like this now

imageMy friend is not use to studio but we're not sharing screens, so I can't see what they've done. Confused as to why the head is transparent in default mode, shouldn't be transparent at all.

Thank you!

Dia

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 20, 2024.

[Archived]

So, it "may" work in some cases, like if the clothing product that is being worn with the skin has the skin material set to "overrideabel" on.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 20, 2024.

[Archived]

I don't understand. It's working right now, just not iridescence, that's why I thought it was just partially working. Did I discover an accident?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 20, 2024.

[Archived]

Yeah .. <sigh> .. shiny skin it only works on the base 80 and 191 avatars :(

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @Drosselmeyer​  oh wow. so it's only working partially, by accident? or it's not supposed to work at all? Because it does work a little bit. But good to know! Thank you! I can't wait!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​ , Sorry to say that any "IMVU+" material features (shininess, normal maps, emission, etc.) will not work with any skin product (body and head) when worn with other head and clothing products that include skin. We understand that this is an important and highly desired feature and are working on a solution. Thanks!

0 Votes