[Archived - DiamondBones] Are these Orbs too small for Artificial Rim to work?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 17, 2024.

[Archived]

imageimageimageimageIMVU Product: Glow Floor Lights by Whims

The smaller blue orbs next to them are the same mesh but by someone else. I tried making mine larger, but no difference, wondering if they have to be really big for it to work? Because it works perfectly on all the larger furniture I've done where it's big enough for avatars to sit on, but this is different, they're like small marbles on the floor for decoration.

I'm trying to make the middle my blue texture, and use artificial rim to put a purple border around it that readjusts when we move our camera view, like the others i've done.

Thx!

Dia

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

oh wow thank you! :Dimageimage

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 19, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @DiamondBones​, I think the only thing you are missing is to turn off Double Sided. The way Artificial Rim works is to color the mesh based on the normals of the mesh. All of the normals perpendicular to the camera (the rim, "turning edge" of the sphere) and beyond (pointing away, the backfacing polys) are the Start color of the rim. The End is any normal which is pointing directly at the camera. Therefore if you have Double Sided on then you will see the full color of the rim showing through the mesh.

These orbs are pretty small, but yes, you can see the rim modifier on them.

rim-settings

0 Votes