[Archived - MaxSMoke777] My item is getting thrashed in IMVU Classic

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 06, 2024.

[Archived]

I've just completed two more unicorns for the VIP program, and while on of the unicorns looks great in IMVU+ and Classic, the other is... for some insane reason, forgetting it's skeleton! Here's the item:

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=66766431

In IMVU Desktop and Mobile, the Anniversary Unicorn is great, 5 by 5, no issue. But in Classic, it's skeleton is a complete mess, and even, somehow, interferes with other attachments. I tried to put on my police hat (66807998) and it floated above the destroyed unicorn's head instead of the avatar's.

I took the item into IMVU Classic's editor, told it to use the skeleton, and it all worked just fine. I saved it, cleared the cache in IMVU Classic, reloaded the model, and it's skeleton devolved again!

The Anniversary unicorn uses the same skeleton as the new Spring unicorn (66661347) which works fine in all 3 versions of IMVU. So it's not the naming conventions or anything else they share in common. I've tried reloading the skeleton in Studio, but I don't see any issues in Studio to start with, so that seemed to do nothing.

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 09, 2024.

[Archived]

Looks like that did the trick! I cleared my local cache and the unicorn worked perfectly. I also see the icon, which was missing.

I am still seeing some other minor issues popping up in IMVU Classic. I'm in the process of patching them up now.

One of the Idle animations was set to "Replace" instead of "Average". In IMVU Desktop it played just fine and I didn't see it set to Replace in Studio, but in IMVU Classic it didn't play right and the setting was "Replace". It makes me wonder if there's a creeping issue on one of the server drives? It's all happening so randomly. :/

I haven't see any issues with older items, but I have almost 2000, so it's hard to say.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 09, 2024.

[Archived]

It is fixed now. I think the skeleton file was being cached on the server. When I changed the name of the skeleton file it worked.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 08, 2024.

[Archived]

That was the FIRST thing I did when I saw the problem, long before I made the post. I knew right away it was the skeleton and updated it. First I tried to fix it in Studio, but the Unicorn looked fine. I opened it in IMVU Classic's Editor, and it was scrambled. I replaced the skeleton and it worked fine... in the Editor.

When I finished uploading, I cleared the cache in IMVU Classic, reloaded the item, and it was scrabbled AGAIN. I opened the product from the catalog page in the Editor and it was scrambled, so I replaced the skeleton, uploaded, and cleared the cache..... And when I loaded up IMVU Classic again... IT WAS STILL SCREWED UP!

Just to see if there was anything I missed, I *JUST* loaded it into the Editor again, changed out the skeleton, and reloaded it. Cleared the cache. Waited, waited, waited. Loaded up IMVU Classic, entered Dress Up... AND IT'S STILL SCRAMBLED!!!!

What is going on over there? It's not my files! And Editor keeps acting like everything is great. In IMVU Desktop, the Unicorn always works without a problem. This is just a Classic issue.

Also the item has no product icon, even though I set one in Studio. So there's some serious stuff happening in the server, somewhere. Seems like there might be some storage issue, related to where files for IMVU Classic are fed and the other IMVU clients. The Classic's file storage, or something, isn't handing off the file like it should. I just checked on my phone, and even the Mobile version is perfectly fine.

This is ONLY effecting the Classic client!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 08, 2024.

[Archived]

Hello @MaxSMoke777​ , We have identified the source of issue with the broken skeletons and have steps to fix any product that you have submitted that is exhibiting the issue. The full explanation and fix it steps can be found here Broken Skeleton Issue Resolved

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Thanks a bunch!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Look for my Email shortly. But I'm using the same Cal3D tools I've been using since 2006. So if my work is having issues, almost 20 years of other people's works are having issues as well.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 07, 2024.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ can you send me at studio@imvu.com the 3ds Max file you are using to make the unicorns? And are you using a starter file we provided you or a file you have been using for a long while? Do you use IMVU Studio Toolkit to do your exporting? Do you export FBX or Cal3d files? Thanks, I am trying to narrow down the source of this issue and your help would be great!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 06, 2024.

[Archived]

Hey @MaxSMoke777​, Sorry about this. It is an active issue we are working on. Hopefully a fix is coming soon. I will follow up on this post when I have more information.

0 Votes