[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on January 20, 2024.

[Archived]

PieIconIssueI know this has been brought up many times before, but here it is again: The Icons in Studio NEED WORK. The icons don't support transparencies, in this case Additive ones. Looks like my pie is a rocket ship... hopefully people will at least test it and realize there isn't a BLACK CONE stuck to the top...

0 Votes

13 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 08, 2024.

[Archived]

imageimage(or add a layer of black to the diffuse, stretch it to fit, then adjust the transparency to show the original smoke drawing a little, helps when we don't feel like drawing a new one. I'm even lazier and won't use my own black texture, I'll use one I made in studio and use that to layer lol am I bad? lol)imageanyways, it works for me. I tried it because i was worried it only worked for me because my examples weren't furniture and there was an issue. Glad there isn't. If your settings are like mine and you see no change, still black, I suggest letting her rest for over 24 hours, then wake her up gently to try this.image

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 07, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer I just went through a whole bunch of my items to fix them, was great, but now I have an issue with the many that have legacy particles... studio resets their codes back to default... so if I want to fix their icons I'd have to open each of them in classic too, etc. This is a lot of work lol I don't wanna do this lol Listen, I have an idea. I'll buy diamond Vip for a whole year if customer service will do these dev chores for me. I think it will be a great motivator for y'all to fix your updates ^_^

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on February 06, 2024.

[Archived]

I'm not seeing any changes, my pie still has a black cone stuck on top. And there is no darkened background for furniture items, like there is for avie accessories. All of my icons have the light grey background. There isn't any way I can use Composite to get the same steam effect because I use Vertex shading to feather the edges for the steam effect. The steam must be additive to look right.

I'll just remove it with a black image and resubmit it for now. At least the black cone of death will be disappear.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on February 06, 2024.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​, Yay! I am so glad that worked.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 06, 2024.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ oh wow! "Additive Blend" ! This works great!

Before: imageAfter:imageReality:imageagain in a darker room:

OK! So the new icon reminds me of the way it looks when I activate "Composite Blend" but with not as much of the background color in diffuse included. This is very workable! Thank you!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​, No. You can add an opacity map and have additive and it will actually look more correct in the product image. The trick would be adjusting the diffuse texture. Specifically, the diffuse would have to be darkened to compensate for the opacity.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

piiiiiiiiie

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 01, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @Drosselmeyer​ ! If we add an oppacity map, would the icons dismiss it because the Additive feature is activated?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 25, 2024.

[Archived]

Yes, this is an issue with 'Additive' blending specifically because their is no opacity map. When rendering the image for the product thumbnail it is blending against the background color, which is black, and because there is no opacity map it is treating the object as opaque. The white background color you see in the thumbnail is defined in the CSS and the product is an image with transparency that is placed over a solid color background. We are in the process of improving the thumbnail generator and giving creators more options when selecting them. So we will be looking into this soon. In the mean time you can use a darkened version of the diffuse map in the opacity map to get a better product image without altering the look of the product too much.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on January 25, 2024.

[Archived]

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Ah. So the steam is using an additive material? Can you supply the PID?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on January 23, 2024.

[Archived]

You can see the sample object on the right, it works just fine. It's only the thumbnail generator that is having issues. Looks like it's masking the background and it assumes the Additive texture is a solid object.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 23, 2024.

[Archived]

Hmm. @MaxSMoke777​ Is it this way only in Studio image generator or are you seeing transparency issues elsewhere?

0 Votes