[Archived - MaxSMoke777] Never ending Particle Materials...

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 30, 2023.

[Archived]

Studio isn't removing particle materials when a particle system is removed. Also, even if all particle systems use the same material (because they are clones), the material tab shows one copy for each instance. Here's a pic to show how bad it can get...

NeverEndingParticleMateralsYou know, much of this would be fixed if I could just make one particle system and add additional bones for it to spawn at, instead of being forced to make one copy for each instance location.

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on January 03, 2024.

[Archived]

Thanks!

Yah, I see the material list for the Floating Rocks got cleaned when I reopened it.

And reusing particle systems across several bones would be GREAT! Right now I have to make clones, and once I make the clones, I have to edit each if there's one change. If there's many edits, I have to delete the copies and start over. Then I see more materials on the list for each. It just spirals into a mess.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 03, 2024.

[Archived]

RE: Studio isn't removing particle materials when a particle system is removed.

> Not sure we want to do that. I can see the potential that a creator may want to keep that material around for use on another particle system perhaps if they are experimenting with particle systems and trying to achieve an effect.

RE: Also, even if all particle systems use the same material (because they are clones), the material tab shows one copy for each instance.

> This is a bug. I will write it up. I noticed that if you save the project and then re-open the materials component list is cleaned up.

RE: If I could just make one particle system and add additional bones for it to spawn at, instead of being forced to make one copy for each instance location.

> This seems like a good improvement. Could be possibly more efficient and easier to manage if you have the same particle system on multiple bones. Update/change once vs. many. I will write this up as an improvement.

0 Votes