[Archived - MaxSMoke777] Are morphs broken in Studio now?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 22, 2023.

[Archived]

I am building a tree for a future VIP release. The leaves are switched with a morph. In IMVU Classic editor, the morphs are rock solid and do what they are suppose to. In Studio, they are doing the WEIRDEST things! The default idle plays a morph that shows some green leaves, but the leaves will grow in at the beginning of each look, like there's a morph blend setup, WHICH THERE IS NOT! In fact, it's odd that to seems to be adding in about a 20 frame morph-in... just out of NOWHERE.

Also the Blend Weight seems to be completely broken in Studio. In Classic, you can force it to show just the latest morph with a blend weight of 99, but in Studio, it doesn't matter what number you use, it's going to leave a the previous morph in there no matter what!

I'm trying to get this project done for Jennifer, but this is going to sabotage the whole contract. I can't make an IMVU+ version that works right now. You can see what I have uploaded now at PID 66027452

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 23, 2023.

[Archived]

I managed to muck around with it until I got it to work. I don't have the smooth leaf morphing I wanted, but it works enough to be suitable for mass use.

I do recall that another person had a similar issue with a morph animation for this gravestone item he made, where it too would keep re-emerging on loop, no matter what he did.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 23, 2023.

[Archived]

This is very strange, as the ONLY animation I have any issue with is the stance.Idle. All of the others play just fine, with the exception of the green leaves not fully disappearing when switching the plant.

I do see that using "Replace" for the skeletal animation also seems to make the morph do Replace. But when changing the leaves on command, the Replace doesn't have any effect, so that fix seems limited to Idle's.

I can put the sources files up, I usually upload Google Files for IMVU once the contract is done anyways. I can't put the link here through.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 23, 2023.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​, I think I solved the stance.Idle issue in Studio by setting the 'Loop Duration' of the morph animations to start=1 and end=119 to match the length of the skeletal animation and set the 'Composition' to 'Replace'.

For the RandomPot I set the morph animations Loop Duration' to start=120, end=120 loops=0. The white pot always seems to pop in. Not sure why.

For the RandomPlant it looks like the morph for stance.Idle is playing a little bit each time (maybe the first time each action is played?). Not sure why. I tried changing stance.Idle action/trigger name to "foo" and then RandomPlant would not "blend" at all no matter what I did. This is the most troublesome, I am not having any luck. Things on Next/Studio are definitely not working consistently with Classic Client. :(

FlowerBloom and FlowerWilt, they always seem to loop, so having the morph stop on the last frame using weight 99 does not seem to work. Not sure why. I was able to get both to work by setting the 'Loop Duration' to start=120, end=120 loops=0. This will have it play through once and then loop on frame 120 infinity.

Not sure what magic is going on, but I wanted to try and get you what solutions I could find ASAP.

We need to do a deep dive into animation in the new year. There are a bunch of improvements I would like to see in addition to fixing all of these bugs. I would really love to have your source so I can trace the process through the entire pipeline.

Thanks Max

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 23, 2023.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​, Can you send us the source files (Blender/3ds Max) for this project and we can have a look? From what I have looked at so far I cannot tell why things are not working in Studio.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 22, 2023.

[Archived]

Hey @MaxSMoke777​ We are investigating... Will post when we have more info or questions

0 Votes