[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 10, 2023.

[Archived]

Could you add the ability to keep perspective on particle sprites? So they can shift perspective with the camera view, instead of always squarely facing the camera?

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 14, 2023.

[Archived]

> I'm assuming you mean that the X and Y aren't locked to the same number?

Correct. I think this could be handy for fire effects. An engineer on the team showed me lava drips in WOW that used this technique.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on December 14, 2023.

[Archived]

Interesting, I'll have to think about where to use that. I'm assuming you mean that the X and Y aren't locked to the same number?

Something I've been having a bit of a problem with is that I can't use sprites that aren't perfectly square, because Studio *WILL* make them square, whether I like it or not. So, if my sprite isn't square by nature, I have alot of black bars on the top and bottom.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on December 14, 2023.

[Archived]

We have also talked about having particles have the ability to scale non-uniformly! It's on the list!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

When I use the Unreal Engine, I find it endlessly useful. It can really take a simple sprite to the next level.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on December 10, 2023.

[Archived]

Hey @MaxSMoke777​, I don't have the full answer to this, but I know we have discussed this being an option. I believe the always facing the camera is for optimization. I will make sure the team knows that it is something wanted though!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

A checkbox option would be great, since most people won't need this, but when you need it, you really need it.

0 Votes