[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on November 05, 2023.

[Archived]

Render Priority doesn't seem to work in IMVU Studio. I've included a sample image...

RenderPriorityFailureAs you can see, the particles always render on top, regardless of priority. They are both set to Composite, but the same thing happens with Additive. I want the particles to always be behind the object.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MightySe7en” on November 07, 2023.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ When it comes to always rendering behind, it does not look like there is a way to do that in studio currently. If you manage to find the halo-aura product, that would help to investigate since its possible they used a method other than sort order, but without the product it is impossible to know for sure.

I think the best case for the skull product is to make sure the particles are all behind the skull, since they will at least all be behind the skull while looking at it from the front. This will only work reliably if the skill is fully opaque or Alpha Test. Composite and Additive may cause sorting issues

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on November 06, 2023.

[Archived]

I've seen somebody else do it. I don't know the item, but I saw a halo-aura particle effect on someone's avie that only showed up BEHIND the avie's head. The effect was a perfect sprite circle, it was very impressive. This was from IMVU Classic, so their usage of particles was different (and far more hidden and difficult to use). I'd like to see that effect brought back with Studio.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on November 05, 2023.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ sadly particles are on a whole different render pass as I understand it. I do not believe there is a way to force particles to be either infront or behind. I can talk to an engineer and see what we can do though

0 Votes