[Archived - JanXuan]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “JanXuan” on October 28, 2023.

[Archived]

It would be nice if you could add a second armature to an existing mesh (derived from a different creator) to combine it with your own mesh, without overwriting the original armature and textures. The textures problem could probably solved but I don't see an option for the armature.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “JanXuan” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ Yes, but that is in the decoration process. That does not make it one product. I had hoped for some kind of dual boot option.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Ah. I understand now. Unfortunately the system is designed around one skeleton per product. You can add multiple meshes, but they all need to be weighted to the one skeleton. The only other alternative is to stack furniture product by placing a one furniture product on another furniture product's furniture node.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on October 31, 2023.

[Archived]

@jazzKat​ Yes, that happened when I tried it.I hoped that it could be made so that it will not overwrite the root.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on October 31, 2023.

[Archived]

If I'm understanding what you're trying to do, unless you know the name of the bone you want the new skeleton to be the parent of (assuming it's not "Root" - your new bones essentially 'attach' to this existing bone), you can't really do that as it would break the skeletal hierarchy - the incoming addition would be free floating and Parent-less.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on October 31, 2023.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ I'm talking about furniture. I wanted to derive from a furniture with animation, and add a mesh of my own which has 3 seat nodes.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 31, 2023.

[Archived]

Hmm. I am trying understand what you are requesting. Would this be for attachment products? Like, derive from an attachment product then import a mesh weighted to a skeleton and attach that to the skeleton in the derived product?

0 Votes