[Archived - Neky] Are 1024px textures truly supported in studio? I tried with prior products, but the textures seem way to blurry to be 1024px capable.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Neky” on October 16, 2023.

[Archived]

0 Votes

11 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Nums” on October 18, 2023.

[Archived]

The only real differences I spot in Substance is you'll have to invert or drastically lower the roughness levels in Substance to use the maps for Studio "shine". Also to make sure you're using OpenGL normals. I would try out different HDRI's to better match what you see in Studio. It'll never be exact though.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 17, 2023.

[Archived]

Nope, I can't find a formal announcement. Only the Staff reply above gives the guideline.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 17, 2023.

[Archived]

It may depend on the material, colors, patterns, etc. Some of my 512x512 materials look as good in Studio when I change them to 256x512 *or* 512x256. I have not played with the 1024x1024. If there was an announcement I missed it. I try to read each carefully. Let me search ...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on October 17, 2023.

[Archived]

This is a weird topic to come across because some of my studio textures are 10 24 x 10 24 for Hi-Rez textures and when looking at the items or trying to edit copies of the item, the textures are 10 24 x 10 24 and are not changed in size. I know I understand there is some kind of compression on the upload side when you submit the item to the shop, but I haven’t really had issue with being constrained to 512 x 512 or a ratio they’re in.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Okidoki than. Ty.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on October 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Since substance painter renders models slightly differently than studio does, it may not always looks one to one. It may take some experimentation in order to get the look that you want in Studio

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

It does, I dont know why, but I tough i read that 1024 was supported in the studio, in one of the update logs.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hi ty, I tried 512 by 512 and it still doesnt really look like in substance painter.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @Neky​ We are still following the rules by the "Power of Two" as outlined in the Creator Education Center. 1024x???? materials are not supported at this time by Classic Create Mode or the IMVU Studio. It is not known if the larger materials added to products at this will later be supported, either.

It has been discussed for the possibility of larger material use in the IMVU Studio. No announcement has been made and no timeline has been set for this new Graphic Material feature. It is best to wait and stick to the "Power of Two" defined material sizes until a formal announcement is made.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on October 16, 2023.

[Archived]

@Neky​ currently studio only supports 512x512 textures. You can read more about texture size constraints and optimization here

https://create.imvu.com/articles/studio/imvu-studio-texture-optimization-and-best-practices/

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I bake at 1024 in substance painter, to be sure, and it looks nothing like in Studio.

0 Votes