[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 24, 2023.

[Archived]

I've been spending dozens of hours updating all of my best stuff from the past 17 years for IMVU+. I decided to pop into the Desktop client, find some public rooms, and see how well it all works... and man... what a mess that was.

For starters, I couldn't even see myself in most rooms until I "became a presenter". What on earth??

I fished up some compliments on my Hydra-Space-Dragon set, so that was cool, but I couldn't share the catalog page at all with anyone who asked. I don't know if they could even see my profile to find the items I was selling! How am I suppose to advertise if NOBODY can find what I'm selling??? I'm guessing it just blocks ALL LINKS, right? Instead of making them visible and clickable? Fine to stop phishing scams, but even IMVU based links?!? Come on, man!

It's like IMVU hates making money. If I don't make money, IMVU doesn't make money. We need to be working together on this, not fighting each other.

Also.. wow, ran like cold molasses. I hope there's work underway to fix that. I have a beastly computer, I run high-rez VR all the time. There's no reason for slow performance.

It makes me fear I'm working to make all this fancy new stuff in IMVU Studio for a non-existent market.

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 25, 2023.

[Archived]

Strange anyone would want more then 6 or 7 people in a room. Assuming they aren't all asleep, it would make the conversation cluttered. Might be good for one of those DJ events, although at that point, you'd want pretty much zero people in the room to make it run well.

I'll try that link thing, thanks!

Good to hear people might be able to find my stuff, although my catalog is staggering. I hope it doesn't start killing people's computers just looking it over.

Unplayed animations and effects should have zero impact on the framerate. Much like basic poly culling, if the computer isn't using it, it doesn't effect the GPU. There is no legitimate circumstance that a mobile processor should be faster then a desktop. Desktop computers aren't made in the stone ages, even a 10 year old one is far more powerful then any modern smartphone.

Mobile apps though do tend to be far more aggressive in culling unused resources. If unplayed animations and unused particle effects are slowing down the chatroom, that is a clear sign some basic optimization is being overlooked in the Desktop client's code.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “ShopTina” on March 24, 2023.

[Archived]

Welcome to Studio Max! it's an undaunting task to update all your previous catalog! But good job! lets tackle your comments one by one (as I understand them as a fellow creator)

Presenting: this is to allow more than 10 ppl into the room at the same time to chat (but only 10 can be seen at one time)

Link Sharing: Desktop combats the script kiddy password thefts by not allowing links in chat. There is a way around it, by removing the http :// out of the link and just going with the www. and beyond from there.

Your catalog: if you look at your profile in the desktop app to others your full catalog is in the bottom part of your description.

Slow loads: MOST if not all beta/next users DO NOT know about avatar weight for all the stuff they wear. Some of the avatars people wear are sooo bloated with poser acessories, dances, and particle/animated stuff that they don't (or know too) consider their avatar render weight on the others around them. This is thanks to mobile devices (in some cases) being more powerful than average PC's. while I try to educate those where I can about their impact on those in a room around them, some really don't care, and will cuss you out in turn to "mind your business."

0 Votes