[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 24, 2023.

[Archived]

The thumbnail generator for Studio does a good job of capturing the initial pose of avie body parts and attachments, but doesn't do the same thing for furniture items. Here's some examples...

IMVUStudioIssue4 

It needs to look for the Stance.Standing trigger and get it's thumbnail from there.

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 25, 2023.

[Archived]

That would be ideal. But the issue with furniture isn't the same as the items attached to the player's body. There is NO frames of animation applied to furniture items. Not a single one, at all, in any way.

Often I have the parts of my models separated to make it easier to work. Playing back any animation, like just the 1st frame of their Idle, pulls all of these parts back together again. Again, check out the image I uploaded, you can see I'm talking about a completely different issue then just the location that screenshots are taken from.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TauntaunTonic” on March 25, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @MaxSMoke777​ I totally understand your comment above. Our camera node solution is for a specific edge-case where you have pieces of a product across a really large area, like a boat product with a buoy 1000 feet away. (Lestat, I'm referencing the issue you had. ;-) ) In this case our auto-camera will try to keep everything in focus and end up with a thumbnail that is off-center or way far away.

I think what you're getting at in your examples is a different issue. You'd like to take your snapshots at a particular frame in an animation. Currently, it's always taking the snapshot at frame 0. This quarter we're strategizing the best way to surface a little interface where you can choose an action in your product, and then choose the frame number you want to take your snapshot at. At least that's the initial idea. This should help taking snapshots of particle systems as well.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 24, 2023.

[Archived]

It has worked well for me and especially as a catch-all for those odd ball furniture(s) that could take up an entire scene.

At the least we can point the cameras indirection to catch the most important parts of the furniture.

Thanks for the explanation @MightySe7en​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 24, 2023.

[Archived]

You do realize this means IMVU has a solution for getting around a problem they SHOULD BE FIXING THEMSELVES? This is the height of laziness for people making software for others to use. Why don't they just place these nodes in at run-time and do this capture themselves? This is insane.

My request stands. They need to fix this so it's in line with the existing avie screenshot production. There's no reason they can't have this software do this themselves, rather then to ask us to pollute our models with nodes for a "feature", which shouldn't ever NEED to exist in the first place.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on March 24, 2023.

[Archived]

Also quick note to append here. You can have up to 4 Furniture.Camera nodes if 2 doesnt get the expected result. Sometimes the 2 line up with the camera and zooms in more than you want

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Sample where this was used is PID: 53011303

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Hi @MaxSMoke777​ This may help.

In your 3D software, place 2 nodes in with the Furniture. One called "Furniture.Camera.1" and the other called "Furniture.Camera.2".

Place these on the 2 corners where you want the camera to focus on.

Ex: The 2 corners would be the Front Lower Left corner, and the Back Upper Right corner

Furniture.Camera.# 

When you add this to your furniture product, you should see a new category when making an image called "Camera Zone"

Hope this helps ...

0 Votes