[Archived - DiamondBones] go.imvu.com

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 13, 2023.

[Archived]

Any word about an update that would fix the Additive appearance on the mannikins for the auto icons?

imagehttps://go.imvu.com/shop/product-61116229/

https://go.imvu.com/shop/product-61127490/ (scaled version)

A lot of my wings are scaled using Classic's debug2 feature, which isn't available in Studio or transferable. So after I'm done deriving an item in Studio, I've been submitting it then opening it in Classic to scale it into the sizes I want. This means every time I want to edit it in Studio later, like for an icon fix, I have to also open it in Classic again to fix the Debug2 scale, since that resets.

imageHas not happened with my newer items I've submitted through Studio, thankfully, but I'd like to go back to my older items and fix their icons.

So I've got 2 problems here. Even if I go back to reset my icons and redo all their classic debug2 settings and particles... They're still going to look unappealing because they use Additive blending... Which is the black stuff you see in the photos. (These are wings with beans of light out their tips that are made from Additive blending. I've tried using Composite blending to remove the black from the automated icons, but it interferes with the product because there's a lot of overlapping from the same Material upon itself that Additive is really the only way to go.

Thx for anything,

Dia

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Mh wow. Sounds like a really deep issue. Hopefully y'all will figure it out within a year or so! Because I really love additive blending. It's interesting how it doesn't remove itself when layered or folded onto itself.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 15, 2023.

[Archived]

Thanks @DiamondBones​, We are investigating. We know what is happening here, but not sure why it is happening with additive materials.

0 Votes