[Archived - Ajayan] Are there any creators who use IMVU Studio? Is every product compatible with Shininess and Emission parts for Dynamic Lightings?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Ajayan” on March 07, 2023.

[Archived]

The reason I'm asking this because there is a product I have tried to use Shininess and Emission with for Dynamic Lighting and it doesn't seem to reflect on my hair products though all my hair products are Shininess, maybe I have done it wrong with the furniture that I wanted to reflect from Emission and Shininess, the room product that is created by IMVU is named IMVU Fashion Show though it's not in the shop but every user has it as it was gifted by IMVU and the lights reflect on my hair products on Beta/Mobile version. If any creator knows how to do the Dynamic Lighting from Light products such as any sort of lights like ceiling lamps, floor lamps or flames like torches or campfire or fireplaces please show me a demonstration by screenshots please? that'll be great thank you, the product I'm trying to add dynamic lighting on is the sun planet furniture product anyone who can help me understand dynamic lighting with Imvu Studio please let me know, thanks.

0 Votes

13 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Ajayan” on March 15, 2023.

[Archived]

Thanks a lot everyone :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 10, 2023.

[Archived]

Not really. You may find some information in one video and they they touch base or clarify in more detail in another. I found, watching all in a specific interest helps... :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 08, 2023.

[Archived]

@ShopTina​ Wow that is really useful info! I wonder if it's the highest setting on the Emission scale that causes the engine to work more, or if it's the end result of how bright the glow looks on screen, because when I use a very dark Emission map but pump the scale to max level, it doesn't glow as brightly compared to when I use a much brighter Emission map.

I too have noticed that shine doesn't work when emission is glowing too much, because shine needs darkness to contrast against to stand out, while emission is just eats darkness and pushes light out.

Self-Illumination cancels shininess, last I noticed.

I've done max iridescence + max shine together on a light colored Diffuse texture base, and I found that the special rainbow effect iridescence usually adds becomes hidden under the white shine that's set too high. So when I want that liquid rainbow effect, I'll normally lower the shininess scale so the white shine isn't strong enough to cancel the rainbow colors. So I'm confused how your irri. did the reverse! or I'm not reading that right ?

** I've also noticed that if I don't touch the shininess scale, the shine on my texture doesn't shine in it's true form. Or if I move it only once! I took the habit of moving it, apply changes, then moving it to where I want to see the real version. I dunno if anyone else has experienced that? I haven't tested how it behaves after uploading to shop when I don't play with it like I've described here.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ Do you know which video? I'm trying to check without having to watch the whole list lol

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@ShopTina​ I guess when Classic is finally forced to retire due to Windows no longer being able to support it's old programming, then we could ask imvu to update a lot of items since they will no longer have to worry about keeping them compatible with the old client.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Ajayan​ It makes more sense for the code to allow emissions to only be activated from the head mesh instead of the eye product alone, because eye shape rely on the head, so they're not really an independent product since they're built to change shape all the time. Even now, when we want eyes to have a different color on each eyeball, we have to match it's coding to the specific head. I'm just glad that both eyes and head don't need a matching setting to allow the eyes to glow! Thank you for clarifying this! ^_^ I'm wondering if the other imvu+ maps would need to be uploaded to the head for the eyes, and not the eye product itself, meaning the head would be locked to a certain design of eye series if it included specific details.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Ajayan” on March 08, 2023.

[Archived]

Thank you both very much for your replies... well eyes can shine on the beta/mobile version but only if the shine effect is applied on the eyes on the head mesh and I made my head products by adding shines on the whole head

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on March 08, 2023.

[Archived]

F- right!!! a simple way this could be fixed is allowing an invisible layer over the existing eye texture to act as a contact. Before Glo was in second life I did this very meticulously with an in game sphere mesh that acted as a glowing blue animated contact. I feel that it could be done for all the different style of default mesh heads out there to allow creators to add more uniqueness to the current. I texture bungling since the eye texture framework has never been updated and probably will never be. Because of classic mode, and we don’t want to break their ability to use their eye textures.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 08, 2023.

[Archived]

Hey @Ajayan​  There are IMVU Tutorials that cover the Lighting and Effects of various types.

See the complete listing here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMAeCgOCjzsBc2C1-5aD7EkUhCTjjZrzk

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 08, 2023.

[Archived]

Nice tip on the tattoo layer :D

YES, We Vampire want to have the ability to trigger BACK EYES that are Shiny.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on March 07, 2023.

[Archived]

Eyes, skin, and some mesh items don't work. To get around a skin shine, you need a tattoo layer with the shine maps on a full skin. Eyes wont shine, glow, or iridescent, despite how they may look in studio. Trust me -IF- vu coders ever get around to fixing this issue, cyborg eyes will skyrocket

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on March 07, 2023.

[Archived]

Only to add to what is said, there are some things that do not accept shine (it doesn't show). I do not have a list but it is mainly different parts of the Avatar. I think Eyes and Skin were an issue. Maybe others with more experience can chime in... :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShopTina” on March 07, 2023.

[Archived]

Good morning. From my experimenting and using glow and shine in my hair, too much glow can oversaturate your hair shine. Iridescence can render shine nearer imperceptible. If you’re looking for some kind of dynamic lighting, look for room lights as an ad on furnishing for your room built. Are usually put some spinning lights in my room so they don’t always sit in the same spot. However, too much light, too much glow, and too much shine does cause phone processors to start to overheat. Because of this, you want to keep your glow at least to the lower end of normal and your shine tone down moderately. Don’t add too much glue into a room frame, or in room furniture . I made a club, that has a lot of glow, and most people unfortunately cannot use it due to how it heats up their phones. If you have any specific questions, you wish to ask, you can, PM, me directly and I’ll see what else I can help you with.

0 Votes