[Archived - MaxSMoke777]

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Composite blending of opacity doesn't cut off reflections. For instance, if I make a pair of glasses from several flat sheets, and use the opacity to define the shape of the glasses, the reflectiveness still exists on the parts of the sheets that should be masked out of visibility.

This is especially important with glasses, as you want the glass part of the glasses to be lightly visible, so Alpha Blending isn't an option.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 09, 2023.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ I notice that "full black" on Shine Maps doesn't stop shine 100%. I feel like it's coded like an infinite scale within itself so that it never actually reaches zero, so it looks like the Advanced feature forces this missing Zero instead of including it in the original scale calculation. It feels like... calculus lol

I don't mind it honestly. I just derived a mini dress and decided to not use the Advanced setting so that the rest of the body that didn't have any material on would have a very slight shine to it without me having to redo it's shine map.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MightySe7en” on March 01, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @MaxSMoke777​ Thanks for pointing this out and I'm glad you at least for a workaround for the time being. I will bring this up to the team and hopefully get a fix out as soon as we can!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on March 01, 2023.

[Archived]

I found the "Advanced" section and I see there is a switch to "Prevent Reflections". That's a decent workaround.

Still... if I set the mask to black, it should be gone, right? Why would I want to keep the reflections on something that isn't visible?

0 Votes