[Archived - DiamondBones] www.imvu.com

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 04, 2023.

[Archived]

Submitted my furniture product to my shop, then returned to edit it's shine. After submitting it back as the same PID item, it's appearance did not change in the room I had already added it to, but when I opened it in studio again to check, the changes were present.

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=62494896

On a hunch, I went back to my inventory personal room where it was, and selected the Switch decorating tool to replace it with itself from my inventory.

It worked ✅

I don't think everyone knows about this, or maybe it's not like this for others and it's just me?

With the Classic Client, I didn't have to remove the item and put it back for it to load any new edited changes. I just had to clear cashe and it would reload everything when I log back into my account. I don't see a clear cashe option in the new apps, so before I reinstalled I thought to try this hunch I had. This is interesting. Was this on purpose? Or my system is just mixed up?

Thx for anything,

Dia

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on March 07, 2023.

[Archived]

@Drosselmeyer​ This person showed me how to clear my cashe in Desktop Beta!

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000DdYU3ICQW/why-does-it-think-im-editing-my-room

I did not test it with refreshing edited products yet though! fingers crossed!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on February 07, 2023.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​ Your hunch is correct. Yes, there can be a lag for furniture placed in a room updating and there is currently no option to clear cache in Studio or Desktop. There is a ticket I wrote up to add a clear cache option to both Studio and Desktop. It is in the works.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on February 05, 2023.

[Archived]

Thank you for letting us know @DiamondBones​! Will pass on to the team.

0 Votes