[Archived - DiamondBones] www.imvu.com

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on January 19, 2023.

[Archived]

Meshers including hidden colors that derivers can't control.

imageimagehttps://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=37934959

No vertex are activated either.

This is basically a red shining light. There were some red textured that came with the original mesh, but I didn't realize the mesher used those colors because they build a permanent red light in the room. I didn't realize it until I activated the shininess. It's quite disappointing to have color features locked on meshes, when meshers are just making a mesh for us to recolor... so I don't think it's fair that they control the colors we have to use. They could never make enough duplicates to cover all the colors we would want.

I guess this is why most meshers make their lights shine White, as that's more versatile. But I've always wanted control over that color. Would it be possible to ask for this?

Is there like a secret feature in studio we can currently change the color of these spotlights for? I'd love that! Also wouldn't surprize me since there are so many features in this thing!

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on January 20, 2023.

[Archived]

Hey @DiamondBones​, there is currently no way to modify the color of lights in a product in either Classic Client or Studio. The light information is stored in the skeleton and right now we do not do any manipulation of mesh or skeleton files after they are imported. It is on our list of features to add to Studio the ability to modify lights in room and I think furniture products.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 19, 2023.

[Archived]

Here is what I have... derived 37934959

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 19, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi @DiamondBones​ Turning off the Fog makes a big difference in Classic and in Studio. Also make the Light set to Max on all three. Then turn off Local Ambient and Fog. I went to materials and added White to 01, 03, 04 and all looks white to me... Try it :)

0 Votes