[Archived - SirenaRoga] Issue with product created in Studio when being displayed in Classic Client

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “SirenaRoga” on November 17, 2022.

[Archived]

I have been told that one of the makeup products (https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=61024663) in my catalogue doesn't work on Classic Client. I am on a mac so work exclusively in Studio and Desktop, and don't have the Classic Client anymore.

Could someone help me understand what the problem is? Is it the opacity settings maybe? They're all set at 0 (priority) as I didn't change anything from the original mesh. Other than that, I can't think of what it can be.

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “TauntaunTonic” on November 23, 2022.

[Archived]

Drosselmeyer has it! We tested it and it works.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 23, 2022.

[Archived]

@SirenaRoga​ Okay, I figured it out and I have a solution. The issue is that the diffuse texture in the 'makeupA' material is 2x2 pixels and the opacity map is 512x256.

A little history on the issue: Classic Client does not like this. Historically, creators have been instructed to make the diffuse and opacity maps the same size even when one of them is a solid color and could be 2x2 pixels (much more efficient). Studio and Next allows you to have diffuse and opacity maps that are different dimensions. Furthermore, Studio will actually create a 2x2 solid color when you add a solid color through the UI. Even further, if you were to submit a texture that is larger then 2x2 and a solid color, there is an optimization pass that happens on the server to make large solid color textures 2x2.

The fix: We have a fix coming for the Classic Client to have it behave the same as Next/Studio, but until then I have a "solution".

The solution: Make a diffuse texture that is 512x256 and make a least 1 pixel that is not black or the same color as the rest of the texture, (this is to prevent the texture from getting optimized and scaled down to 2x2).

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TauntaunTonic” on November 23, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi Sirena. Sorry you're having issues with this. Give this a try and please report back if it worked for you...

In Studio, go to each of your materials and switch the transparency mode to Alpha Test. You should see the threshold set to 0.01. Move this to 0.5 (right in the middle). Now change the transparency mode back to Composite Blend. Do this with all your materials. Save and republish.

Long story...

When set to Composite Blend, the alpha test values are properly ignored, but I'm suspicious that the Classic client is using them somehow. Alpha test shouldn't be set that low unless you want everything to disappear and maybe the Client is using those bad values.

Second question I have is why are the alpha test values defaulting that low in the first place, even if you're not using it. Something for us to look into.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 23, 2022.

[Archived]

Give them the PID number. It will help.

You may be able to adjust the Priority for each material and get it to look right in the Classic on Advanced Setting for Composite Blending. The Furthest layer from the camera to the closest layer to the camera or use the Alpha Blending on the layers. Also, test the Prevent Reflection on/off. This is very Hard to do when you cannot check it yourself :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “SirenaRoga” on November 23, 2022.

[Archived]

I've asked someone to check this for me in Classic, and the full mask layer (there are 5 in the mesh - full mask, lips, eyes, top eyelashes, bottom eyelashes) is the one that doesn't show up in Classic eg:

Snap_z2Vc11EqFJ1037057805 

It should look like this:

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 10.45.26 

I have tried a few variations of the opacity settings (in advanced) in Studio to see if any of that helps but apparently not.

Any advice or assistance? @TauntaunTonic​ @RigsK​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “SirenaRoga” on November 17, 2022.

[Archived]

Yes, it only works on the Zell head - it's a mask made for that one especially (I should have mentioned) but it's a problem across various meshes for various heads, not just this one. And it's an issue that's come up since creating in Studio only and not in the Classic Client.

I can't elaborate on it not working since I don't have the Classic Client to look at it on.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 17, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @SirenaRoga​ Can you please elaborate on "doesn't work on Classic Client". I see the product in Classic and notice it only aligns correctly with some heads.

On the Parent Product page, it gives very specific products these work with.

In this case, I would sugget you talk directly with the Creator you derived from as they best understand the issues in deriving this one.

0 Votes