[Archived - BishopCleric] Please help me escape the 'Loading Never Ending White Screen Of Death'

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “BishopCleric” on November 08, 2022.

[Archived]

For about 2 weeks my Studio would just crash and the white screen would appear. Okay, so I'd 'force-quit' open up and, most often than not, Studio would be back up and running.

But, since around Friday 4th or Saturday 5th November, now all I get is a loading white screen.

Installed / uninstalled - hasn't fixed it.

Went back to the previous version - hasn't fixed it.

Closed everything down, turned off / turned on - hasn't fixed it.

I'm running MacOSMontery (this hasn't changed for a few months).

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 10, 2022.

[Archived]

Since Mac really doesn't use an "uninstall", would it be a good idea to have a auto clean-out or "Oldest Entries, File Trim" of the log file?

:)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 10, 2022.

[Archived]

@BishopCleric​ One other thing to try is to temporarily move your 'IMVU Studio Projects' folder to another location outside of 'Documents' and launch Studio. If this works then you know it is something in your projects folder. When you created your new Mac account IMVU Studio also created a new 'IMVU Studio Projects' folder under that new user 'Documents' folder.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BishopCleric” on November 10, 2022.

[Archived]

Thank you @LestatDeLioncourt​ and @Drosselmeyer​ for your knowledge on this.

The suggestions didn't work but I found a way round it.

Mac has the ability to create a "New User" account (it is still the same Mac but with a different user account). People do this when they share the same computer but want their own account. I was curious to see if 'Studio' would work with Mac's 'Factory Settings' rather than "My Account" custom settings. Long story short; it does work on the new account using 'Factory Settings', so it must be something on my custom account getting in the way.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 09, 2022.

[Archived]

@BishopCleric​ A member of our QA team here suggested that the issue may be that the log file has become too large. Try deleting the file 'Users>your_username>Library>Logs>imvu-studio.log' and see if that help.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 09, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @BishopCleric​ I probably cannot help with MacOS but I saw similar to this on My Windows10. It was back when IMVU was having Server issues a few weeks ago. It was like my Studio would startup and never show any of my projects. If I clicked on a"Draft" item it would not fully load.

I am wondering how the connection quality between your location and IMVU Servers in California is doing. Many times people will have good Internet to Other Sites but something between IMVU and them is the actual issue :/

That TraceRt test is a good one to run. This is for Windows. the MAC version of the same "Trace Route" test is in the Terminal App. This testing of the "Path" through the Internet is called a "Route" test.

To run an Internet Traceroute on a Mac, open the Terminal App and type traceroute followed by a space and the website or IP address you want to test. In this instance we would type

traceroute imvu.com Then hit Enter on your keyboard and wait for the traceroute to be completed. The information given is the Internet Routing starting from your location through the Internet to IMVU. IF there are issues such as, long delays or complete breakdown of the route or path, this can give unpredictable issue.

More on Trace Route testing Here: https://help.imvu.com/s/article/How-to-Run-a-Traceroute

Grasping at straws to help you... Hope there is some light on this for you soon :/

0 Votes