[Archived - MissMaya] A "Studio" for IMVU studio?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MissMaya” on October 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I am invested in transitioning fully into the newest platforms. But, at the end of the day I am reluctant to use desktop and the only real reason I do so is to either take pictures of my product for marketing or to take pictures of my products for feed.

As a full time creator, I have no need to use the social side of IMVU hardly ever.

Going to desktop after working in studio personally gives me a massive headache, they are very different platforms, the latter does not have a dark-mode, and I simply prefer studio's UI for finding items I need to wear and for switching between rooms. I also like the fact I can change a room from my inventory without having to close and tab, open a new one. It's so handy and convenient!

I have talked to other creators that use studio, and we all agree, once we have finished all our pieces for a project, we derive an empty accessory to open a "fake" studio project that's sole purpose is to take our media shots, we actually do this just to avoid changing platforms. Changing is a huge inconvenience to us.

So, I propose implementing a "photo studio" mode within studio! The need is real. It's sole purpose is to allow creators to take hires images and maybe to post snapshot imagery to their feed! This would definitely make for a steadier workflow and save us a lot of grief when we have to hop on to a completely different plafrom.

With this tool I would never need to leave studio for just taking my media, it would be great!

Thanks for considering ♥

0 Votes

16 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Davon” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

Would love this idea though.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

Yes, camera lock too, please!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

All of this sounds perfect!

Also, I would use the "Next Style" PhotoFeed snapshots within Studio.

As long as they pass Peer review, why not?

New product PhotoFeed snapshots with Links for promotions with Actors!

OMG !!! Yes !!! Yes like this...  

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xinfo” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

Studio Mode would be PERFECT for being able to change a creator's workflow drastically. I haven't fully switched to studio because I have more versatility with classic clients when it comes to being able to switch products easily than I would when using desktop mode. As MissMaya has mentioned having to close out tabs and having to reopen them is a nuisance, especially for those who do not use IMVU for social gatherings but for mainly creation, photography, and most recently cinematography.

And as MissMaya has pointed out, being able to take consistent photos as well as having a workplace for just creators/producers/models to be able to take photographic and cinematic images/videos for marketing is a need right now. I had even asked for a video mode to be added so people can take "in-game" videos within Mobile or desktop Mode to post on social media. I would to be able to take a video without my avatar's name posted right above my head and I'm sure there are other producers who would love this option too when taking videos for others. I really hope you would consider this! And YES ABSOLUTELY for the camera lock option, or even a freeze avatar option would be wonderful!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

I think you basically covered it! Yes! :D Basically just that!

I mean we could get fancy and say, we can have actors too for "Photo-Mode".. etc.

But in essence we just need what you just described. A place to take our "Hires" shots, our videos if we need to... Streamlining our creating on one platform as much as possible :)

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Although that camera lock seems VERY INTERESTING!

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Well, I am afraid not as we also use rooms (greenrooms, shadowless rooms, rooms with dynamic lighting).. in fact you could say changing the room (and hence the lighting) is vital to display our amazing new effects in our shots. That's why we derive an empty accessory because it is minimal conflict with anything we may need to pop on our avatars, I don't know if this is a widely used method to avoid switching platforms but I do know that it makes sense for me personally... hence the "aha!" moment I had, "why not a new feature?"

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

Ah. Now I understand. Thanks for the detailed explanation. So, ideally you would like to have another mode in Studio that is not Edit mode, where you don't have to derive anything. You would 1) Select a [decorated?] room, 2) Select a pose for the avatar, 3) Select an outfit, 4) Set up the shot, 5) Switch out the product you want to take the series of pictures of? Maybe this would be 'Photo Mode' and would be basically Edit mode with Inventory only? I am trying to work out how this would fit in Studio so I can explain it to the team.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TauntaunTonic” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

If you were to derive from a room or furniture product instead of an empty accessory, would you have the flexibility in dressing your avatar that you're looking for?

I'm also thinking a quick way to "lock" the camera would help out a lot?

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Yes!

However a lot of us do not take the pictures until our project is completed... sometimes this project, for example, is a dress in 5 colors, shoes in 5 colors, accessories in two colors, layerable items... and we want to take duplicate shots of everything, in the different poses for each thing and switch between products to do so... we need to also be wearing the matching colors on our avatar. This seems to be super complicated stuff, LOL, but this is the process that a lot of creators go through. The end result is matching icons and media that is visually coherent on IMVU website and on our marketing. For a single project I can literally take over 40 hires images...

The reason we open an "empty accessory" rather than switching to desktop app: As you pointed in your images, these features are available... but you need to be actually deriving from a product to use them.

Basically I would need to switch materials on every product every time I take a shot if I take these while actively "deriving"... and pray that I don't accidentally nudge my mouse so that the camera doesn't move while doing it. Or I will have to take all the pictures all over again. (it happens a lot more than I care to admit)

It is really hard to explain, but I think of it as having access to the "my room" feature in IMVU classic... but within IMVU Studio. I think that sums it up.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 26, 2022.

[Archived]

Maybe I am not understanding, but in Studio you do have full access to your inventory, including looks, rooms, furniture and now you can decorate rooms in Studio using the same Room Deco 2.0 tools that are in Desktop and you can take both *hiressnap and *hiresnobg using the chat commands or the snapshot tools.snapshot tools

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

basically a loaded room scene with access to full inventory where we can take hires trigger screenshots. The snapshots to feed (your image) would also a great tool but I know that I always take my media before passing peer review, that may be left until after the screenshots. A scene for taking hires is more of a priority for me, personally. So I don’t have to bounce off studio to make my images.

I hope I am explaining correctly

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 25, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @MissMaya​ and @LestatDeLioncourt​ Just so I am clear, are you talking about this:

feed snapshot desktop

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I know Staff are interested in any new "Perks" for the Studio as to attract more participants. This "Perk is not available in the Classic Create Mode! LOL

Let us take Photo Feed snapshots in the Studio after PR Passes

:0)

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Thanks Lestat! I agree :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I agree with everything you have said. I decided Studio was the way for me many months ago. I couldn't see IMVU going backwards. LOL.

My opinion of the new Desktop and Next is not the best. Both are cumbersome to use for anyone and very much so for Creators. I refrain from elaborating further as it will be very negative LoL

One thing that would help me is...

If a product has passed Pier Review

Let us take Photo Feed snapshots in the Studio.

Thank you for this post MissMaya :)

0 Votes