[Archived - DiamondBones] Transparency Layering Help?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on October 22, 2022.

[Archived]

Transparency layeringDeriving this product: https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=37566203

Using in Room Shell: https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=51248718

Looks like the transparency of the water/river in the room is overpowering the flames in the furniture I'm trying to work on.

I've played with the priority # of the flames, tried 1, 3, 10, and 100 but getting the same results. Any heads up? I think I'm going about this wrong.

Flames are an Additive Blend, switching to composite blend didn't help. Alpha Blend worked but then lost it's transparency quality.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 25, 2022.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​ Yeah. The 'Priority' setting only affects the sorting of materials within a single product and not between products. What I believe is happening here is the game engine thinks that river is in front of the fire. This relationship is based on the center point of the mesh each transparent material is assigned to. Is the river very large and perhaps wrap around the the location where the fire is?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on October 22, 2022.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ PARTICLES! oh sht, d'uh! fk yeah <3 Thank you so much for the help! XoXoXo ^_^

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 22, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @DiamondBones​ The transparency between different products in an issue (different PIDs). Within one product, there are some settings that may be adjusted and sometimes fix issues.

Might I suggest you pursue adjusting the flames to minimum (size) and perhaps using the Alpha Blending (as you said) *then* add some particle effect flames. Just another suggestion to investigate. Mix and match the different types of effects to see if you get something that is acceptable.

Looks good so far, keep up the great work! :D

0 Votes