[Archived - MissMaya] How do we remove via opacity in studio?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MissMaya” on October 05, 2022.

[Archived]

Pretty sure this should not be such a problem... but I can't remove that tag. It's a small "thick opacity" that the mesh creator added and I always remove it ... I have no problem removing this in classic, ever. I have done it plenty of times before.

Mesh: https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=57091538

I have changed the texture three times and opened the mesh twice.

I have been working on this outfit for 3 days and just keep running into small glitches that make it impossible to continue with Studio, I hope for a fix because I am quite invested in these new effects, but I cant seem to be able to finish a project, it's really frustrating.

I asked my partner to have a look and he has the same outcome. I hope these things are being looked into for a fix.

Screenshot_5 

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Ferra” on October 13, 2022.

[Archived]

Hello! The xrf files got messed up after certain Studio update I suppose as initially this mesh didn't have any issues, they are missing in the Asset tab, but I can pick them back from the stack and then everything works fine. The question is: is it going to affect derivations in a negative way. I also sent you a private message about this matter, looking forward to your assistance. Many thanks in advance.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on October 06, 2022.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ @Drosselmeyer​ Thank you both so much for looking into this!

I also tried something! I remembered that I had a "derivable" version of this mesh where I provided my own textures, with the logo already removed. (https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=60635152) So i tried to use it, HOWEVER, even if I did not touch the logo, I found the same behavior from the boot opacity when I tried to remove the strappy sandal opacity to turn the shoe into boots. The whole shoe turned white and I could not do anything with it.

I have since found another mesh for now as this project has some urgency but it was interesting! And I have also alerted the mesh owner, since at least two of their meshes seem to be having the same reaction to studio: https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=56826507 - https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=57091538

Thanks again guys I appreciate your input!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 06, 2022.

[Archived]

Thanks @Drosselmeyer​ You are always on target and here to help!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 05, 2022.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ You were on the right track! It is not that the XRFs are missing. It is that they do not have the '.xrf' file name extension "I think". I noticed that when I edit ANY material in 57091538, I get the parent PID texture back, so I think Studio may be getting confused by the missing file extension. Just a theory. Going to write this up as a bug.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on October 05, 2022.

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ I will look into it. @LestatDeLioncourt​ Thanks for the investigation about .XRF!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 05, 2022.

[Archived]

Yes, you are right. I can do nothing in Studio to make this one remove the logo as in Classic it works fine with solid black.

I did notice in the Classic the Logo has no .XRF files attached to Mesh . The .XRF Files are empty.

Most peculiar, I found I could import a saved and "logo fixed" .CHKN file from Classic into Studio and it "looks" fine but if you touch the Logo in the Studio, the white non-removable logo comes back :/

I think it has something to do with the missing .XRF File in Classic.

0 Votes