[Archived - ToriLane93] Would you all like the ablity to invite friends to views your item as a spectator?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “ToriLane93” on July 02, 2022.

[Archived]

I am posting this because this would be of great value to me as a creator, I do customs. I currently have to use one of two options when creating in order to show the clients my product before purchase to see if its to thier likeing.

Option one use an outside app such as zoom, discord, or Instagram.

Which a lot of users I am noticing do not wish to use anything outside of imvu.

Then, I am forced to do option two submit the product and put it though peer review just to show them. This becomes extremely time consuming when they dont like something and changes are needed.

H​aving this feature would likely speed up my workflow.

I​ also co create with my husband who has no idea how to use the creator tools himself. However, he has ideas I would never think so this would help with our back and forth as well.

I​ brought this up to imvu in a zoom creator education. They unfortunately, do not see the value in this so if you think this would help you comment below. Lets see if they will add it.

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “ToriLane93” on October 03, 2022.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​  I am using beta but I am a customs-only creator which means I do not publish often. Therefore, it is still slow for me to be able to show clients my work. true, the creator does not have to wait but other users do and while I see there is a risk with this feature. However, if it was set up so that you choose whether they are co-creating or just simply a viewer. as a viewer it would .work as though they are viewing it in imvu the worse they could do is screenshot it and try and claim it as their own. which, honestly I see happen all the time anyway so that's nothing new.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 09, 2022.

[Archived]

@ToriLane93​ Which imvu version are you using? Because I no longer have to wait for my edited items to pass PR or clear cashe, but I've not tested if others could see.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 09, 2022.

[Archived]

I love how we no longer have to wait for PR to view edits! <3

Would be nice if there was an easier way to screenshare! Most apps aren't very good quality when it comes to the average device. Also, it's getting annoying to continuously create so many new accounts to join all these other apps people are using.

I'd totally use this Join feature if it were here though! I just know it would get abused and strongly feel we need a camera & recording feature (like in gyazo 7 sec) to help report abusers. Want such added to the report features anyways all over the platform.

I don't see this being a useful tool for meshers and poses though, since they don't build their sculptures and animations in imvu and will have to rely on old screenshot recording methods anyways to skip constantly converting their files to upload to imvu. So might as well block the xmf file upload features so folks can't upload naughty shapes so easily.

If this was available for painted texture derives only, then the worst we'd have to worry about is nudity when they remove the textures from clothing or upload pictures of adult theme image content to flat surfaces, etc.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ToriLane93” on August 07, 2022.

[Archived]

I don't but my buyer and husband have to wait for it to pass to even comment on what changes I need to make. I mean. If you could invite them to view the product in create mode with you like a chat room. I would be able to get it perfect to their idea of what they want to be made in one while I'm working on it instead of all the use of other apps or passing ppr because often my buyers want to see it in a room not just a screenshot of it. Then, if changes need to be made I must repeat this and go back through again because no one but me can see it until it passes. A feature that would allow you to invite someone to the studio would save me all the in and out of peer review.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 08, 2022.

[Archived]

This is a very interesting idea. We are looking into what it would take to have a collaborative mode where say a mesher and a texture artist could both work on a product while it was hidden. What you are suggesting is a slightly different use case.

Could you publish the product as non-derivable and display only and then give the PID to the client? Oh, but I think I see what you are saying, that the iteration process for making changes would be slow. You however do not have to wait for the product to pass peer review to see updates to the product.

0 Votes