[Archived - RainEvenMorn] STUDIO CAMERA not following Avatar or centering as does Core

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “RainEvenMorn” on June 08, 2022.

[Archived]

Gatho and I are currently working on a IMVU Studio contract project. We are finding the studio camera is not following the avitar when in an animation which is critical to the project. In core it does wonderfully and "tries" to in studio without much success - it either is partially following but then just angles away or slides sideways along and manually trying to centre it leaves it idle.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 29, 2022.

[Archived]

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RainEvenMorn” on June 10, 2022.

[Archived]

Update :: being looked into by Drosselmeyer and the team - thankyou

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 09, 2022.

[Archived]

I feel sorry the issue remains after publishing :/ Staff may have input.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Gatho” on June 09, 2022.

[Archived]

I was trying also with other products which work perfect in Core but in studio same problem..the camera loose the animation.Even if is linked the to the animated bone the riding one as Lestat said..We don`t talk for a random camera with its target but an animated one which should work and follow avi in every frame of animation.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RainEvenMorn” on June 09, 2022.

[Archived]

Thankyou Lestat for taking a look - I wish that was the case , its not. The camera starts to break down as soon as it starts moving "all" the time on the product AFTER submission . we have also tested it on other published products and it happens on all of them..

We can move the avitars off the root node then back and forwards to get it to re-align/center at times but 100% it goes off again on its own soon as the furniture item moves off course. I hadnt noticed it in studio to be honest when working on it so i tend to think it wasnt AS bad but after submitting its chaotic.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 08, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @RainEvenMorn​ I have seen this issue too. It seems I can make the issue show after working in Studio for a longer period of time and while and "excising" various standing, sitting, avatar posed spots, etc. I can mainly get this issue to show while the avatar is "riding" on an animated furniture. I have not seen this issue on static-furniture but only ones where the avatar "rides" on an animated furniture "bone".

For an example, I can make this issue show on PID 55209994 (soon to be deleted by staff but visible this morning). It takes me about 30 minutes of playing around on the mesh in Studio to get the Camera to start acting up.

Say the avatar is on the Pontoon Boat and it is circling around, etc. If the avatar jumps to the BBQ Pit and back to the Helm, the anomaly may show. It has more chance to show if I zoom way in and out on the Avatar while "riding" the Pontoon boat, etc. Doing these things several times and exercising the camera up,down, in, out, etc on the avatar. Closely inspecting the mesh.

The workaround for me is to place the avatar back on the "Root.Idle" of Pontoon's "Pelvis Node". This is a stationary spot that does not move within the furniture (buoys). It is the stationary attachment point for the whole product. Anyway, if the avatar is there I can zoom in and out and all is well them move back to the animated Pontoon Boat, camera is good for a while. Also, saving and re-opening the project will temp. fix the issue.

In the meantime, the Great Part of this whole scenario is... After submission and upload, I cannot get the issue to show at all in the IMVU Classic, Next or new Desktop. The purchasing customer will not see the anomaly.

From my testing, it only shows in the Camera of the Studio and this *may* be because we have a special camera in the Studio where we are allowed to zoom and rotate the camera more freely than in the Clients.

Staff will probably have input on this. I know it is hard for them to devote the time to investigate this intermittent issue.

0 Votes