[Archived - Sonas] iridescence or emission only show on the hands and not the skin.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Sonas” on August 11, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi

So I wanna find out, how can you make an entire skin or sections/patterns on a skin glow or shine?

When use the iridescence or emission on my skin it causes only the hands to show an effect and not on the body.

Any help would be so amazing thank you <3download (1)

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on August 28, 2022.

[Archived]

@Sonas​ I remember when devs were figuring out how to make animated furries, before studio came. I recall it was troublesome, so they opted to just animate each add on clothing part (furkini bodysuit, tails, and ears were most common). Where the skin itself was not animated, just the other items when you put them on. This meant the animation would be removed if they rather wear clothing instead of the body furkini, as layered clothes aren't as popular as they could be.

I'd imagine it's a similar situation to emissions on skin and any other imvu+ features. Skin doesn't overlap well with other products, it behaves very submissively I guess

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on August 13, 2022.

[Archived]

@Sonas​ New material features like emission, shine, and iridescence do not work on skin products at the moment. We are in the process of getting these to work.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 13, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @Sonas​  The skin textures only work using legacy technology, new material features such as shininess maps, normal maps, emission, iridescence will not currently work with skin, and eyes. IMVU Engineers are aware and are working on solution.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sonas” on August 12, 2022.

[Archived]

I just have such a nice idea for a furry, Ill try mess around with settings and see if I can figure it out.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on August 11, 2022.

[Archived]

Not sure these advanced effects work on skins, especially if they're using Skin Composite?

0 Votes