[Archived - DiamondBones] Imvu+ items work in all ambient rooms? Not just imvu+ ones?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on July 30, 2022.

[Archived]

image.pngOriginally was looking for the imvu+ filter in my studio inventory because I thought imvu+ only works with imvu+, but I'm noticing it's not... am I seeing things right or am I getting old?

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “jazzKat” on July 30, 2022.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ yes, actual light sources are needed, ambient 'light' doesn't illuminate anything.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 30, 2022.

[Archived]

Hey @jazzKat​ Isn't it true the Ambient Lights in rooms will not make the newer effects work correctly?

I seem to have discovered this on my own and would like confirmation.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on July 30, 2022.

[Archived]

@DiamondBones​ for the new effects to work rooms need to have actual light sources in them, any *type* will do, so Point, Spot and Sun (iirc are the 3 but most just use Point). You can also add furniture that have lights. Those work too.

FYI though, IMVU did say some time ago that they were working on allowing users the ability to edit a rooms lighting... not sure how far along that's got or if its on the backburner for now.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DiamondBones” on July 30, 2022.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ ahhh "sport lights" !!! ok. hm... if that's the case, I really want a feature that allows me to easily input my own room shell spotlights, instead of relying on the room mesher to decide for me where it's going to go, because when they do it, it's forever. So if we don't like where it is, then we have to botch the whole project and find another room.

Yeah, I heard about them leaving the Classic Client as is and I'm okay with that because all of the new users i've spoken to trying imvu out for the first time don't even like the feel of the Classic Client, I couldn't get them to switch over lol So I felt like this is where the market is going and I'm trusting them because they're my customers lol I'm happy I could still use Cclient, since eventhough my laptop isn't old and abided by imvu's requirements, it still overheats quickly when I use desktop beta or next browser, but not when I'm on the classic website or classic client... really weird!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 30, 2022.

[Archived]

All IMVU Studio products work in all clients and rooms with some exceptions.

• Classic Client does not support newer generation effects. Shine, Iridescence, etc.
  • Classic Client does not support all newer made particle effects.
  • Lighting in any rooms may have a great affect on Shine, Iridescence, etc. Only rooms with "Spot Lights" will show the newer generation effects. Ambient Lit Rooms will not show these effects. You can ask the Mesh Creator of a room what kind of lighting it has if you are unsure.

There is probably more I may have forgotten. In general, most things work to some extent between all clients. IMVU Programming team is striving for the most compatibility between old and new products. We were told there would be little to no enhancements for the old 32bit Classic Client. Resources are being spent on newer Platforms and Create Tools.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes