[Archived - MissMaya] How do we update the thumbnail (icon)?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MissMaya” on July 12, 2022.

[Archived]

How do we change (update) the thumbnail (icon) when submitting multiple of the same products in different colors or stylings?

The icon I chose is simply not updating and stays the same as the first color I made. I cannot seem to locate a button or option to update the thumbnail choices.

If I have to open a new project every time I do a new color it is going to add a lot of time to my workflow.

Thanks in advance!

0 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 28, 2022.

[Archived]

Hurry Up !!! ROFL :P

Thank you sir :)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 28, 2022.

[Archived]

Yes. It is still in the list of improvements!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 27, 2022.

[Archived]

Locked products without Staff Permissions? :o)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 27, 2022.

[Archived]

Awesome :) I hope they are still considering allowing changing icons on locked products, too :D

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 27, 2022.

[Archived]

If I am understanding the issue, we have a fix coming for updating the shop icons when they are changed.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RickEros” on July 22, 2022.

[Archived]

I play it safe and update in Studio before submitting and uploading.

I'm currently making a bunch of t-shirts from one template I've been using. Just found it better to play it safe and reset the icons in Studio before I upload.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 21, 2022.

[Archived]

Totally Agree

MissMaya said, "We need a small fix in which we know for certain which will be displayed, currently its a guessing game and there's simply no point in having the feature if it is not reliable. "

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on July 19, 2022.

[Archived]

Sorry for the late reply.

The thumbnails do update when submitted.... well... some do? LOL.

It still needs fixed simply because for example:

I am making an outfit in two colors... one is black and one is white.

The black one looks best on the white mannequin whereas the white outfit obviously displays best on the black mannequin... way things are right now I can pick a mannequin for the first outfit and if I want to change it I just don't know what mannequin is going to show because studio is not updating the image.

We need a small fix in which we know for certain which will be displayed, currently its a guessing game and there's simply no point in having the feature if it is not reliable.

The icon for classic is only useable if you are submitting a single one of a kind product in no other variations, colors or models since it does not update at all.

I hope I am explaining myself correctly.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 15, 2022.

[Archived]

In the past, I have noticed the Icon on the Product I am changing shows the old Icon in the Studio when Submitting/Upload But in the Catalog, it actually shows the latest changes on the Icon. I attempted this recently and it seems to be the same in the latest release.

Once you change the product, the icon remains as the old product But submitted is shows the latest changes.

:D

0 Votes

C

Posted by “ShandralaSW” on July 12, 2022.

[Archived]

Ive been doing several color changes myself lately. on the multiples after i change the textures i go back to the info section and click on the change image ontop of the icon and just upload a new image for the different color. Once you click on the image another tab comes up that says choose thumbnail. You want to click on the 1st image that has the reverse half circles on it and then choose a new image from your saved images. then if your also using the mobile shop image you need to make sure its unlinked so it doesnt replace it with the mobile shop icon. and they both will look like the new image. i hope this helps.

0 Votes