C
Community Admin

Posted by “4u” on June 08, 2022.

[Archived]

New Particle Questions

@Drosselmeyer​  @TauntaunTonic​ 

Triggers:

What product can we add triggers to?

I know we can add them to any product in studio but they only seem to work in client with accessories. Can we please have it confirmed what they currently work with now, and what they might be added to later on in the coming decade.

Also will there be any solution to icons for trigger products, currently we get no showing of the triggered effect and thus a blank white mannequin icon.

Emissions:

When I make products with emissions as you zoom out they have a dark halo around them

for example this product

https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=59636816

Is that because of the way I'm making them, or is that how they work as intended.?

Diamonds At Feet 

Shines and emissions

These products in many ways are useless in public rooms, either the room will have the omni light set at 100% white, or a user will be wearing a product with omni light. the only effect Shines and emissions add when used in such situations is a bright blinding glare.

Is IMVU aware of this issue, is there a solution in the ten year plan?

Example Pic:

roomglow

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 28, 2022.

[Archived]

Hmm. This was from build release 1.7.4. Not sure. I suspect that as some point during the implementation of particles v2 for Studio we were not doing some validation of values that users were allowed to input. You should now not be able to input an invalid value in any field.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on July 28, 2022.

[Archived]

Going through my inbox and saw this. Let me try and answer your question as much as I can.

Triggers: Are you referring to making products in Studio but the trigger don't work in Classic Client?

Yes. We will be looking at how we can improve Next shop thumbnails for triggered products. This is on our list of improvements.

Emissions: This was an issue with how products render in the Next product preview window, because in this case the subject is rendered against a transparent background. This should be fixed now.

Shines and emissions: What you point out is 100% correct. It is on the creator of the room set up the lighting to work best with shine. If we tried to do anything about this it would only mess up rooms where the lighting was done correctly. As for users wearing light products, again there is not much we can do about this. This is on the user to remove the light product if it is disrupting the experience.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on June 17, 2022.

[Archived]

Clothing triggers working :P TY

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on June 09, 2022.

[Archived]

Also can we please have this new update feature explained "Invalid particle values should revert to their defaults" Can we even add invalid values in Studio particles?

0 Votes