[Archived - null] How do you drag and drop inherited images?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on January 12, 2022.

[Archived]

I used to be able to drag and drop the designs straight from Studio. I have had some time off. But trying again and I can save the images. Any new work around?

Thanks heaps.

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 07, 2022.

[Archived]

I see, the IMVU Studio allows us to import our edited images to be shown on products. IMVU Studio doesn't provide any materials. The Material Maps you seek should be provided by the creator of the product you derive. The best support is from that person. I would contact them directly.

Hope this helps

0 Votes

C

Posted by “GhoulishGrace” on June 07, 2022.

[Archived]

I would like to save an inherited asset image on a derivable product (not mine) straight from Studio. The product page only included 2/3 of the Material images that go into the visible design.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @GhoulishGrace​ Are you trying to obtain an image from a product you have submitted and published or are you looking for a Material Map from product page?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “GhoulishGrace” on June 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Did you ever figure this out? I followed the instructions and had no success. I'm trying to pull an inherited image I need to edit that wasn't included on the product page for some reason. >.<

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 11, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @JayvonAri​ The most important part to the instructions above is the part where it says "Click on "Save As" and call it a unique name."

It works 100% of the time... Follow these steps....

1. Open for edit an existing product from your catalog
  2. Once in Studio, Click on File, then Save As
  3. Name it some name that is easily found.
  4. Open your Documents Folder and Find IMVU Studio
  5. Open the Sub-folder with the Creator Number for the account you want.
  6. Look for your Unique Named Folder. verify the contents.
  7. Copy the Whole Folder to your save directory.

I copy mine into the Product/Project folder with all my other product assets (mesh, etc) and save them together. I also save my HTML, Keywords (text file), Icon, Product Snapshots, etc. in that same folder. If I ever had to make it again all of anything dealing with the one product is there, cataloged together.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JayvonAri” on January 14, 2022.

[Archived]

Hey Lestat,

Thanks so much for you help. I tried that but it only saves a folder with a file called index.xml

there is no images :( Is there something I am missing?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 12, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @BeastieBeeMode​ There is a new Folder Layout for the IMVU Studio. If you start your project and find the folder in the Documents Folder called "IMVU Studio Projects". Once there, you will find a folder with your Member or Creator ID number. Open that folder. This is where your project is saved account by account. Project assets for that avatar are inside this folder.

Change something on the IMVU Studio. It doesn't matter what, afterward, Click on "Save As" and call it a unique name. Inside that Named Folder you should be able to see your assets. These can be dragged into your editors or things dragged into the assets folder from other folders. Play with it a while. You will get how to use the new layout.

Hope this helps...

0 Votes