[Archived - Blueskyeye1] Hiressnap/Hiresnobg on studio to take images of Studio derived item IMVU PC.

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Blueskyeye1” on April 10, 2022.

[Archived]

I was wondering if there is a way to take photos of my avatar with no background(hiresnobg) of my imvu Studio created items in imvu PC rooms, Since on imvu Classic rooms, the shine effect does not work. I wanted to take photos of my outfits on imvu PC and it seems not to have that function. Is there a way or does that not exist yet??

0 Votes

19 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 25, 2022.

[Archived]

*hiressnap and *hiresnobg still work in Studio 1.6.x

hiressnap or hiresnobg in Studio

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on May 25, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @VictoriaAlexandrea​ Everyone makes their own decisions for their own product and marketing but, I have been doing something else. I have a different approach. I look at my catalog items that contain new features as being for the future :) Possibly the near future, too (couple of years?). Anyway...

When I create a product that doesn't show or work well in the Classic, I merely put a Note / Disclaimer at the top of the HTML Page that states "This product is designed to work on newer platforms. Please Try before you Buy. Sorry, no refunds" or something similar to that.

In three or fice years, I don't want to have to go back through all my products and remake HTML Description pages. Photos, Icons, etc. I think it is up to the people to Try the product in the client of their choice and either buy or not... :/

Thanks for listening :D

0 Votes

C

Posted by “VictoriaAlexandrea” on May 25, 2022.

[Archived]

I'm guessing you're talking about the same issue I have.

When taking pictures to make a product picture or homepage if you were to take a picture it does not reflect (show) how it would look in the classic client as it does not have the shine feature. So like with the new particle system if you were to take pictures in Studio it would show particles but a user who is using the classic client on their PC wouldn't see the particles because they don't work there. Same with taking pictures of anything that we've added shine etc to as they aren't on classic client.

Sadly I've had to resort to making the product on the classic client to take pictures as there is no choice with rooms, and even if you find a room that you have most pick up a bit of the shine and I have yet to find a room that gives an actual picture of how it would look in Classic client for those of us who still want to make our own product icon or have pictures on the product page.

I came into the discussion hoping that IMVU has put out a room that would negate all of the new features to show how it looks in the Classic Client but based on what I'm reading so far that is not the case at this time.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on April 12, 2022.

[Archived]

In Desktop Beta while in a room you can use *hiresnog and *hiressnap commands in the chat just like you would in Classic.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on April 12, 2022.

[Archived]

Type it on the chat line to the lower right and then press "send". Mine saves tot he Download Folder but can be saved anywhere you like.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

All reflections, iridescence, glow effects all work fine with the classic "star" commands. *hiresnobg and *hiressnap.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

There is no Camera. The "classic's" star commands work fine. *hiresnobg and *hiressnap. All reflections and iridescence show fine in rooms with Spot Lighting.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

Mine works fine in new Desktop Beta My Rooms and Public Rooms. Just use the "star" command. Easy.

No issues for me...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Blueskyeye1” on April 12, 2022.

[Archived]

Imvu classic site does not support shiny maps function. Only desktop Bata does. But hiresnobg (no background)

don't not work on desktop Bata.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on April 12, 2022.

[Archived]

@Blueskyeye1​ If I understand correctly you should be able to use the chat commands "*hiresnobg" (just the avatar, no background) and "*hiressnap" in Desktop to take snapshots of your avatar.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Blueskyeye1” on April 11, 2022.

[Archived]

In create mode (in studio) there is no way to dress up my avi with ALL the differant parts I created on it (after being created) and take a pic of it within studio app. SO the only way I can see to take a photo with all the parts is to use imvu Desktop(bata) so I can capture the Shine feature when I take photo of my outfit. But imvu bata does not have remove background. SO my issue is that I cannot take photo of my clothing outfit on imvu Desktop bata to capture the shine effect. My quesion was is there a way that I can or does that feature not exist yet?

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ you went off toptic. If you are not clear of what i was asking i would be happy to re-explain my simple question.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I just wanted to know if there was a camera so I can remove background. Because I wanted to take pic of my Avi with all the parts I created together. And on studio I don't see that option. Outside of create mode. ​

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on April 11, 2022.

[Archived]

You will need to find rooms that have Spot Lights or ask the Creator of the room to make a new room with Spot Lighting.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

I took the part where you said "in imvu PC rooms" as meaning using the Inventory Functions in the IMVU Studio and taking snapshots. This is an understandable mistake in the Studio Discussions. Sorry :/

Notice the Reflections work in rooms with "Spot Lighting". The rooms with "Ambient Lighting" do not show reflections in any place. The Ambient Lighting in rooms is not designed to reflect. Spot Light Room with Reflectivity Turned On.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@Blueskyeye1​  Oh, I see. I thought we were Discussing the IMVU Studio. As a Creator and for Product Snapshots, I take all my product snapshots in the Studio. Very high resolution snapshots are available there.

High Res Snapshots

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

imvu help no hiresnogI included a photo, this on imvu PC aka imvu Desktop.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​  nope not while in a room using imvu pc, the camera function does not give option to remove background

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on April 10, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @Blueskyeye1​ Yes, you can take both no background, etc. Use the little Camera Icon toward the upper left of the screen. The snapshots will be saved in your project folder. Look Closely at the message after the photo is taken :)

Hope this helps...

0 Votes