[Archived - RainEvenMorn] Why cant we have our decorating tools insitu???

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “RainEvenMorn” on April 07, 2022.

[Archived]

The joy* of studio 

Why is it the most simplest and most joyous* of tasks now/still are a nightmare to execute in beta.

Task ahead - a simple shot of my newest room for the catalogue graphic - i thought that perhaps some of these, what i thought, were huge hurdles are still the Method of Operandi

I have to take 2 pictures to show because im oldschool and think customers should be able to access a sample pic not be suprised after purchase that they are very different.

Lets go desktop first - CLICK, load room. CLICK, upload items via icons that are EASILY sough and distinguishable because they have ICONS. CLICK, manoeuvre poses and nodes all easily accessable.

CLICK ,take pic - very quick and easy. picture turns out great!

now to take a quick shot in Beta :)**

upload room - beta doesnt ever allow me to load my most recent room so i have to access it though share room.

as i have over 750 rooms and share rooms load last I have to wait till every single room loads this takes a while and god forbid i press the wrong room in my haste to speed the process cause it starts from the beginning again. 

eventually join room  "oh no the lamp i have in the share room i dont want in my pic" i hear my trembling inner voice take over . in client its a simple one click but not beta noooooo the dread seeps in 

cause i know theres no decorate tools in here i have to remove myself entirely from the room and use the tools privately. I leave room and delete the item.

DAMN i have to go and find the room again?...reload 750 rooms...whew back again and not as enthused about taking a pic- maybe my customers can just be suprised and ill suffer the bad reviews.- nope ill

not let this beat me ,I've invested half hour so far trying to access im going to finish this!

Mental anguish starts to flood in as it occurs to me i will need to load poses and skins which are STILL a black hole of tedium BUT silly me I did forget that to pose my avitar and adjust the lighting bit by bit

means LEAVING the room time and time again to adjust blindly in another, then rejoining and having to wade though 750 rooms each and everrrrrrrrry time. 

Don't even think of inviting someone to take a picture with you ..do you hate yourself THAT much? I ended up with just a room shot as i was not going to spend the hours it takes to put an avitar in it. Yes theres new icon shot functions apprently but rooms are ALWAYS the cataegory to miss out and im sure they dont include custom branding so itll still an aweful idea for those that have more then 10 items in their inventory.

My long winded post merely begs the question WHY is it you STILL have to LEAVE the room you want to decorate/adjust even if its your own..how on earth do you adjust pose angles and lighting to get that creative shot, 

id have thought it would be the first thing to address but its STILL the process we have to use?

*joy may have been embellished

**:((

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “RigsK” on April 09, 2022.

[Archived]

Hi @RainEvenMorn​ and @ShandralaSW​ Thank you for posting, appreciate it. The team is taking your feedback to heart and are exploring some short term solutions to make your workflow easier.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “ShandralaSW” on April 07, 2022.

[Archived]

i feel you pain lol. i have to do this when making my clothes and wearable items. i will be on classic talking while im creating in beta and the pain of changing your fit in classic and it immediately appearing in studio when that isnt the fit you want or need . le sigh.

0 Votes