[Archived - bibirasta] what is the current Poly/Vertex limit in IMVU Studio?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “bibirasta” on March 18, 2022.

[Archived]

Hello everyone.

I am not able to find the answer, I saw someone on the forum say that it has a limit of 10,000, but the truth is that I am testing and when uploading a mesh with 14,300 vertices, what is the current status of IMVU Studio?

Thanks in advnace.

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on April 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Yes, KB product size limits are in place. Here are they are: https://help.imvu.com/s/article/IMVU-Studio-FAQs#limits

Yes, polygon / vertex numbers do relate to product KB size, however textures and animation data are MUCH more of a contributor and it is kind of up to the Creator to decide how they would like to allocate the asset usage.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on April 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Are the KB Upload Limits still in place? Wouldn't the number of polygons / vertices relate there, too?

I understand the limits on KBs as people are just killing their customers when uploading heavy items BUT - I feel there should be a hard limit on the number of polygons or at the least a warning. It will directly relate to the end product KB weight and the customer's experience.

Thanks for listening.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “bibirasta” on March 25, 2022.

[Archived]

Thank you so much @Drosselmeyer​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on March 22, 2022.

[Archived]

@bibirasta​ There is no hard limit, but things will get progressively slower and the results more error prone the higher you go. At roughly 10K triangles the importer will attempt to split a mesh into submeshes, this does not always go well, so we recommend keeping single mesh objects under 10k triangles. Rooms do not have to be one single mesh as has been customary when working in Classic Client. As @jazzKat​ mentions it is always best to keep your meshes optimized by using those polygons wisely!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “bibirasta” on March 18, 2022.

[Archived]

Thank you JazzKat :=)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on March 18, 2022.

[Archived]

Should point out that, depending on what you're doing, meshes shouldn't use that many triangles so make sure you're optimising as best as you can.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on March 18, 2022.

[Archived]

Don't quote but iirc it is closer to 15k. IMVU team will correct.

0 Votes