Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on January 10, 2022.

[Archived]

I'm noticing when I make something "off-black", in Classic it seems lighter, so folds and darker shadows show up. However, in Beta, Studio, and Mobile, they seem darker. It's making me want to go back and lighten up the blacks in my stuff.

Is this how it's going to be? Or should we expect more graphic enhancements to Mobile, Beta, and Studio? I'm never sure anymore on what color is the right color.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DiamondBones” on February 25, 2022.

[Archived]

ohhh wow. This explains why my eyes were sore the first time I downloaded Whacky Wheels a few weeks ago, it felt sooo bright lol

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on February 11, 2022.

[Archived]

It is hard to remember *and* to understand the different platforms are using different ways to display graphics images. It must be this way to make the image appear on the different places. Think about displaying graphics on a Computer Screen Vs an HTML Page or on a Phone. If all of these had the same Resolutions, Pixel Types, Display Methods, etc. then they would all look similar but there will always be slight differences.

To expound further, Computer Screen Types display product different on the same computer! If we took the same computer with the same Graphics Display Adapter and changed the monitor types from Cathode Ray tube, Liquid Crystal Display, Liquid Emitting Diode, Organic Light Emitting Diode, and to Plasma Monitor we would see great differences, just because of the nature of how they work. Multiply this by notebooks, cell phones, desktops, all-in-ones and there are hundreds of thousands of different combinations of the same issue.

As artists who create, we need to "balance" what is seen on each platform *OR* make products specifically for one platform or another, by our own choice. If you think you have a product that in only going to sell / be used on the Desktop, then by all means, make the texture art decisions based on that, alone.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RickEros” on January 11, 2022.

[Archived]

Eh...forget this. I'm just going to go tweak everything to work ideally in Mobile and Desktop.

0 Votes