[Archived - null] Creating while traveling. Potential addition to IMVU Studio? No Wifi or Cellular Data?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on December 27, 2021.

[Archived]

During these recent holidays, I have found myself traveling more than I have ever traveled within the past few years. Given these circumstances, I usually am able to travel with my laptop. However, the discrepancy that arises with this is not everyone of my travel destinations have the best wifi connections or may not even have connections at all. Some locations do not allow me to even use tethering from my phone to my computer because I have no signal.

I tend to be an in the moment creator. So, when I think of something, I start working on it nearly instantly within IMVU Studio. The hold up is that I cannot test textures and meshes out until I have wifi. It really strays me away from creating while I am traveling because I have no idea how things may appear on IMVU.

I​ can totally wait to submit items until I have wifi again, but I really do wish there was a way for me to see what I am working on in IMVU Studio without a wifi connection.

I​ am well aware of the complexity behind this and I understand that the IMVU program is a internet/mobile data based program.

@xlLillylx ​

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “jazzKat” on December 28, 2021.

[Archived]

The way to avoid issues to a degree would be having a 'checksum' associated with the assets when initially created so any modification of that invalidates the asset next time a a call home is made.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 27, 2021.

[Archived]

I would agree with this suggestion as long as it does not interfere with new security measures in the prevention of stealing assets by others.

As I understand (may be wrong) the assets are stored on IMVU Servers after initial product substitution. With this in mind, if a person is making a new product and has already begun the derivation of a new product, they should be able to continue to work locally (offline) until submission.

The only issue I see is if the parent product is changed (edited) before the upload of the initial submission and error may occur.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “jazzKat” on December 27, 2021.

[Archived]

"Offline" mode ✅️

0 Votes