[Archived - null] Studio does not display room modifications (e.g. added standing nodes) when using a room as a background

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on November 21, 2021.

[Archived]

I have certain rooms in my inventory that I use as background to take my product icons. For example, beach scenes. In my personal room I added these standing nodes and padlocked them. So, in Classic Create mode if I pull up that particular room, the standing nodes that I added always show up and I can put the avatar in the right place, get the pic I want, etc.

In IMVU Desktop, these dots are all in place where I had them set up on the Classic client.

But in Studio, all it gives is the unchanged room. I would have to take the time for each product to add these dots. And, honestly, the decorating process in Studio just does not seem to be as easy as it is in Desktop.

Am I missing something? Is there some way to pull up a room with the modifications that have been previously made as it works on Classic Create and Desktop? If that is not currently possible could this be added to future versions of Studio?

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “cbmvb” on November 22, 2021.

[Archived]

I do want to add that Studio has some great functionality. I love the extra features like shine, the overall faster speed, the ability to be in chat and create without locking up the chat app while submitting a product, as well as the much sharper views and nearly unlimited number of possible camera angles as compared to Classic. Those are huge things for me and really make me want to do everything in Studio.

But, not having a furnished room in there is a huge thing for me because if I can't get the right picture I am back to taking a pic in Classic (meaning the advantages listed above are not realized) or going into Desktop to do it.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “cbmvb” on November 21, 2021.

[Archived]

Yes I agree! We need an option to switch to either furnished or empty shell. As it is now in Classic, if you have furnished it in "My Room" you don't get to use it as an empty shell if you need to do that.

So, at least in Studio we need both options: both furnished as we have set it up and original empty shell.

As it is now, this is a major thing keeping me from moving totally into Studio. If I need beach backgrounds or any kind of "setting" beyond an empty single color room, then it's too much extra work to make the item in Studio and put up a temporary icon, then go into Classic or Desktop to take a pic for an icon with the newly created item (and often I do animated icons so even more time), then go back to Studio to resubmit with the newly created icon.

With Classic Create, I can have the room with all the furnishings I have added show up as I am creating the item. Then I take the pic(s), edit in Photoshop, and submit with the finalized icon going in with the submit. No need to do one or more resubmits as has to be done in the above scenario.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 21, 2021.

[Archived]

Yes, if we have modified a room in "My Room" it should Show in the Studio, Next,Desktop as Furnished and not just the room. I have seen this , also. All we get is the Empty Room Shell.

If I open "My Room" in Classic it is completely furnished.

If I open the Furnished Room from Inventory in any new platform, it is just the Empty Room Shell.

If I open the same room in "My Private Rooms" or "Public Chat Rooms" from "My Rooms" I have furniture that I have added.

Please give an option on these for the Shell or the Current Furnished room...

Thanks

0 Votes