[Archived - null] Where are the Basic IMVU Skins?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on November 04, 2021.

[Archived]

I've been trying to edit an old head in IMVU Studio and I can't see anyway to use the normal IMVU skins, like head, eyelashes, eyes, ect. 

0 Votes

9 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on November 10, 2021.

[Archived]

I would expect there would be a pull down list in the materials to access those normal IMVU options. If you could ask them to include this list, I think we'd all be thankful and better equipped for future projects.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 09, 2021.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ I had a look at your head product and, yes, I am noticing that the skin and eyes are missing from the materials list and they seem to be using wrong textures or missing textures. I will forward to this to the team to investigate further.

As for Normal and Specular maps, these worked for me on both "brain" and "frame" materials.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on November 09, 2021.

[Archived]

I was trying to edit one of my old avie heads, the Machine Head for Women (https://www.imvu.com/shop/product.php?products_id=6005762). As you can see on the item, it uses a combination of my own custom skins and IMVU avie skins, allowing the users to use any body and eye skins they want. But those skins aren't available in IMVU Studio, as far as I can find.

Also, side issue, only the "Brain" sections seem to use the Normal and Specular maps correctly. I tried using normal and specular maps on the "Frame" as well but they didn't appear to change at all.

I've had alot of experience with the Unreal engine, so I know a bit about using modern materials. It's odd that one material would accept those changes, but another material wouldn't.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Drosselmeyer” on November 08, 2021.

[Archived]

@MaxSMoke777​ Do you have a PID for the product you are editing?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “RigsK” on November 06, 2021.

[Archived]

Thank you for the heads-up! Copying @Drosselmeyer​ who can help.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “wBlackWolfw” on November 05, 2021.

[Archived]

Ohh I see, sorry.

@RigsK​ ​

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MaxSMoke777” on November 05, 2021.

[Archived]

I think you both misunderstand, I don't need the templates. I need to know how to set the materials in IMVU Studio so it USES these materials. I have parts of my models that need the human skin, the eyes, eyelashes, ect. In IMVU's Creator mode, you just pull down the IMVU skins from a list. In IMVU Studio they aren't on any list I can find. I can't set a material to a normal IMVU body skin.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on November 04, 2021.

[Archived]

The Basic Skins are found in the Creator Education Center. There is a post with this information Here: https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002HedJjCAJ/

0 Votes

C

0 Votes