Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “null” on October 22, 2021.

[Archived]

Can we please get a staffer to tell us how the icons for new clients are made and what things meshers can do to improve or change the angle and distance from the product of the icons that's made. For example if I want to make a "wedding ring" how would I actually get a picture of that to be taken so a customer can see what they are buying.

0 Votes

17 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on January 07, 2022.

[Archived]

Mannequins should have body shape changers and color change options.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on January 07, 2022.

[Archived]

I know some didn't understand the last post. Allow more Zoom in and out on Furniture and Rooms... please

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 16, 2021.

[Archived]

@TauntaunTonic​  If the "Camera Angle" were held by the Studio but we were allowed to Zoom (within the standard constraints) the most important part, it would be a big help. Even on Clothing, rooms, etc.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TauntaunTonic” on December 16, 2021.

[Archived]

Yes we're absolutely considering having gifs animate only when hovering over them.

The new feature I was describing above would also give you multiple selections and camera angles for furniture as well. @LestatDeLioncourt​ with your pontoon boat example, I see you have geometry far away from the boat. Our server side rendering tries to put the camera and zoom where it has ALL the geometry in frame. We'll need to think about better solutions for these types of furniture items.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on December 15, 2021.

[Archived]

BUMP

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 15, 2021.

[Archived]

Adding more input.

When animated icons are used, many have complained over the years.

Solutions: ?

I think this is good but only if the Mouse Hover triggers the animation. In this manner, those with PSE, don't Like Ani-Icons, etc. Can control

the animation. Or an "Opt-Out" of ani-icon in Acct. Settings. IDK which but they will wont to turn them on and off.

Thanks for listening...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on December 15, 2021.

[Archived]

These area great for Clothing @TauntaunTonic​ What about Furniture?

Please see my last post above with examples.

It may be back a page or two.

Thank you for your input.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on November 10, 2021.

[Archived]

Thanks for updates! but yeah..

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JeryRose” on November 07, 2021.

[Archived]

Honestly, I don't like the white icons because you can't see the details of the product and they don't look attractive. The creators put effort and time creating animated icons to show the best of their products. The animated icons on the classic website help distinguish a creator from other developers. I agree that animated icons will be displayed on all imvu platforms for iphone and androids.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Sargantana” on November 06, 2021.

[Archived]

is there a way to link our product's thumbnails instead the white icons? this ones don't show as the product really is. Additionally, animated products looks static using this system. I noticed too, that certain furniture derived from Deliverance, looks like a cylinder.. uh?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on November 06, 2021.

[Archived]

When imvu give advice how to market your items, make them look good in the shops make them attractive ect on next it is all for nothing. I never see imvu market items they use with these awful white icons so why on earth would they think these things show our creations of to there best. I have been banging on about this for ages and sounding like a moaning myrtle. But come on imvu display our products with the grandeur they deserve.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DarkFall” on November 06, 2021.

[Archived]

White icons are awfull. Also the angles of the items displaying in these icons in many times. We spend time to make beautiful product pictures in shop and by using the new features of creator studio and the white icons are hm...really embarassing for the developer and generally for a 3d colorful shiney world ..

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Corpsepaint” on November 06, 2021.

[Archived]

I don't like the white icons because they don't show the details of our products

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TheForsakenDead” on November 06, 2021.

[Archived]

This drives me crazy. At least in Creator Studio Beta I'm able to search items by name and see their names, but in Mobile for iPhone and Desktop Beta - you can't search and nothing is labeled. I see so many items that are just feet and I have no idea what they're suppose to be. [Usually accessories and scalers do this - layerable clothing does as well].

It's intensely frustrating to deal with this ... we really do need some way to improve upon this, not just for shopping but also just for inventory management.

Even as someone who prefers the classic imvu client over beta, currently my MAIN reasons is inventory management. I don't like my inventory sorted as "Most recent" - and I prefer to know what I'm putting on. I have enough stuff that I don't remember the names of the items - but I know their icons. I know exactly what I'm looking for and even after adding new items know approximately where to look. And due to using [TFD] on my product names, I also know all my own products are grouped together so I know once I hit the first line of products I just have to look for the specific icon. [I use this for other creators too - when I hit a group of icons and I know the creator I am looking for, I know I'm in the right spot and don't have to scour over 4000 icons. I own a lot of products since I've been here for 14 years.

So yeah shop mode needs better information and icons for shopping. And Mobile [for iPhone, I have heard android has this] needs a search feature and Desktop def. needs a search feature and product names. Since the creator studio can do both of those things, and it seems android can do it, and even NEXT does it, I don't see why iPhone and Desktop are left out of those options. But yes, we need better ways to handle our inventory AND our shopping. Since if they can't see the item even half, why would they try it on to see what it is? I'm pretty sure most people skip items that don't have proper images. I get what IMVU is trying to do with those previews - but they need a better way.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Inescia” on November 04, 2021.

[Archived]

As is the way the shop is shown now is not very attracting to most. Plain, uniform, repetitive, bland, not being able to even see what is wanting to be seen to be sold. It is just not very enticing to most. Online shopping on the desktop is by far the best way to go with the desktop client open. I hope they do not ever consider removing these options. Using IMVU this way is the best way to use and many other parts of IMVU. Removing these options should never even ever be consider as having options is what is attracting to most. Seeing the pictures and icons that are made by creators in the way of Mobile Phones and such should be an addition not a replacement. Thank you.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “4u” on October 23, 2021.

[Archived]

@LestatDeLioncourt​ I do hope change comes within the next few decades, however right now this is the system we have, and depending on bones used, texture and mesh placement the camera angle of the icon shot and the zoom used is changed. If we can have it explained how that camera works, what makes it decides to take a particular shot and what things we as meshers can do to adjust that.. then the world is a better place and several puppies are born.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on October 23, 2021.

[Archived]

I agree. The Icon is the *first* thing to entice a prospective buyer to even *try* our product. The current Icons need change.

0 Votes