Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Alana” on June 17, 2024.

[Archived]

not sure why this is happening any tips? as soon as i press scale it goes blurry :/

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on July 31, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @LollipopTrollop​ Currently there are 2 ways to add or change Classic Icons..

In the Studio:

1. Click the Info Tab on the Right Side
  2. Click the Icon (either one) Classic or Mannequin (Desktop & Mobile)
  3. Uncheck the Bottom Selection. Uncheck "Update Classic Shop with the same selection"
  4. Click the Upper-Most Left Icon. It will let you replace the Classic Icon only.
  5. Select the 100x80 Icon up to 50Kb in Kb Size.

After Submitting to the Catalog:

1. Go to the Product Page"
  2. Slide down the Product Page to the Bottom
  3. Click the Link that says "Add HTML Description" Add a Description, Price, and the Classic Icon.

Currently; Both Icons, the Mannequin Desktop & Next Icon and the Classic Icon show in new platforms.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LollipopTrollop” on July 31, 2024.

[Archived]

I have a question about uploading original catalog icon. I haven't created in years and learning the new studio. I can't find how to upload your own icon, just the mannequin screenshot. I don't see where to select from your own files. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on June 18, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @Alana​ All of my Icons are blurry when looking closely or Zoomed in while viewing.

Here is what I do to make an icon.

1. Take a screenshot of the area I want to show in my Icon.
  2. Then I will make a new image that is the same width as my screenshot but only 80% of the height of the original. Ex: 1024x1024 original is my new image is 1024x819. This gives me a proper proportional image.
  3. Copy the original screenshot image and paste it into the new 1024x819 image. Drag it around until it is cropped well.
  4. Important, when resizing to 100x80px, my software is set to "Weighted-Average" resizing rather than Pixel Resizing.
  5. Finally, I zoom out of my new "icon" image and look at it at 100%, viewing. This gives me an idea of what it will look like for customers.
  6. If I don't like it, start again...

If you give more information (what editor are you using) I am sure someone will give you a step by step instructions for the Graphic editor you use, etc. If your settings do not have the "Weighted Average" setting, play around with the settings for resizing and see if one works better than another at 100% view.

I hope this helps...

0 Votes