[Archived - FEMl] I couldnt find where to post this Q .. so Im posting here if anyone has an answer!

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “FEMl” on August 06, 2024.

[Archived]

When trying to derive a product from a creator whose account is disabled, I noticed that some derivers who derived the product from the disabled creator are leaving the product as "Derivable". Is that permitted, and if so, why is this not against TOS?

0 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 09, 2024.

[Archived]

*product

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 09, 2024.

[Archived]

The Creator Agreement linked above gives any Creator the right to leave *any* producer derivable.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FEMl” on August 08, 2024.

[Archived]

I would only be leaving my product as derivable if the parent product owner account is now disabled. I would not be doing it if the parent product owner is still active, so my question was referring only disabled parent product owner accounts. thanks

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Hey, @FEMl​ I have always asked permission for the Parent Product owner. But that is a good question. Logically the parent product owner is benefiting from your product. IDK :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FEMl” on August 07, 2024.

[Archived]

Great! Thanks so much to both of you for answering my question. Im assuming Im also permitted to add the original textures in my product description in case someone wants to use that to recolor, is that correct?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 06, 2024.

[Archived]

Hi @FEMl​ Only to add to what has been said...

The Creator Agreement that all Creators Signed and Agreed to states that any product may be set to Derivable. It is listed there under the heading of "Derivability" ...When you mark a product as "derivable" in the catalog, you give permission to every other IMVU Creator to derive a new product from your product. This permission also allows those other IMVU Creators to set their derived products to be derivable.

To reaffirm, I also believe it to be bad "manners" to set yours to derivable unless you have added a special or unique quality to the product that other people will use in their derives.

I imagine you derived a "Dress". Imagine you added a very nice Opacity Map to the Dress. What if this Opacity made the Dress into a new Top instead? This may be one example of new drivers wanting to make your Sweater.

What if you derived a Bubble Fountain and changed the Particle Effects to a Fog Effect? Others may want to derive your Fountain with Fog instead of Bubbles.

As expressed by JanXaun, it is a good idea to look at the Derivation Tree to see what product is the best to derive to save Kb Weight and Cost. Go backward and "up" the Chain to see what product can best save Kb Weight and Extra Cost for those who derive or purchase yours.

Most of all, Enjoy what you do and Have FUN doing it !!!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JanXuan” on August 06, 2024.

[Archived]

@FEMl​ It is not forbidden to set your derivation derivable, but it is usually a thing "Not appreciated" or "Not done" unless you changed the mesh. Most creators ask to not set your derivation as derivable. When customers are smart they go back in the derivation root and often find the original mesh, creator disabled or not disabled, because they can often buy the same product cheaper. When the mesher was disabled, I think setting your derivation as derivable will help others to continue deriving the product. In general I would not advise to set a derivation as derivable. Some creators allow it though. It is a matter of choices.

0 Votes