[Archived - Suchie] Are you shutting down your shop?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “Suchie” on June 30, 2023.

[Archived]

I am sad to say, but I will no longer be creating or contributing to IMVU in any way that will line their pockets since they have decided to force us to pay to get profits on items we created and submitted long before they put the new VIP policy in place.

Without us, there would be no profits for IMVU, no reason for people to purchase credits, no shopping to create the wonderful spaces and looks that fill up the Feed and bring notice to IMVU on social media. Yet, here we are, being asked forced to pay IMVU a chunk of the less-than-meager profit we make on products we submitted.

I have already started the process of shutting down my shop, which will be complete this weekend. Derivables are already hidden, and the remaining products will likely be hidden by the end of tomorrow. One or two lone products will stand, with information on where you can find me if you wish to do so.

I wish those of you who remain the best of luck. As for IMVU, I will watch your blunder of Titanic proportions from afar. :)

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “AmalteaDarelir” on August 15, 2023.

[Archived]

I just went to get a payout request and got the unpleasant surprise that I have to be VIP to request a payout. Let me rephrase that, I have to pay to get my money. IMVU gets money from my sales (which btw, I noticed they tanked this past month), and on top of that they want me to pay for a subscription. This is insulting.

I am closing my store.

0 Votes

C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “ManillaSets” on July 05, 2023.

[Archived]

I can imagine so well. It's crossed my mind to just delete all my shops.

0 Votes