[Archived - MissMaya] Need $10 VIP to be paid?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “MissMaya” on May 15, 2023.

[Archived]

Requiring VIP for cash earning creators in particular brings another concern. If I am to be dumping $240 a year JUST to be earning my money from IMVU, then where can I get my monthly invoices from? I require invoices to write off my expenses, VIP is now a legitimate business expense since you are REQUIRING it from us as private contractors. I have no issue paying if I can have my legal invoices for these expenses. So where can I get it from?

Thanks! xx

0 Votes

23 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on June 06, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi, please use the main topic here: https://cc.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000DyhaO7CQI/ Thanks

0 Votes

C

Posted by “DarkAngel5” on June 06, 2023.

[Archived]

Hi, please use the main topic here: https://cc.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000DyhaO7CQI/ Thanks

0 Votes

C

Posted by “WaYaSkyEyes” on May 30, 2023.

[Archived]

When we got grandfathered in back in 2012 they did say it could end at any time but they didnt expect it to at that time .., May 10, 2012[/b][/color] new Content Creators must be VIPs in order to submit virtual goods to IMVU’s catalog.

However, all users who as of May 10, 2012 10 AM Pacific Time, are enrolled in the Content Creator program will be “grandfathered” for an indefinite period of time. This means that if you have signed up for the Content Creator program prior to May 10th, you will continue to enjoy uninterrupted product submission capabilities without the necessity of being a VIP. Of course, many of you are already part of our exclusive VIP club for the many other benefits you enjoy. We reserve the right to end the “grandfathering” benefit at any time, but we do not anticipate doing so now.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on May 26, 2023.

[Archived]

I am still waiting on an answer for this... and I want to also add that I have asked about this before for all expenses, including VCoin and never got an answer **Is IMVU going to give us a way to request world-wide tax compliant INVOICES for our BUSINESS EXPENSE SUBSCRIPTIONS as they are now a requirement?** Thank you!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “FemmeDraven” on May 25, 2023.

[Archived]

And the latest that has been confirmed is you have to pay for VIP to even earn cash, not just to get your own money from your account. If you don't have VIP you can only earn credits, which are pretty much non-existent because of all the promo credits being used. This just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MissMaya” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

That message says it from a month ago, though. But it is definitely an issue, I would escalate that to creator.advocate@imvu.com as it looks like you signed up to earn cash but did not provide them with the paperwork that you need to do to earn cash (maybe) and they give you a deadline a month ago.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Fabrishion” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

The message is legit! Message received

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Fabrishion” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

This is unfair and devastating! I have thousands of dollars invested in my grandfathered account/s. I logged in to see this message below telling me.

We are reaching out to you today because you are part of the Creator Program but have not yet signed up for the Earn Money Program.

Because you have a cash balance and have never submitted your information to be verified for the Earn Money program, we are giving you an opportunity to sign up!

This is a great way to pull out your current balance and continue to earn cash or Credits. More information about the Earn Money Program and the verification process can be found here.

The deadline to join our Earn Money Program and submit your information is May 15, 2023. If we do not hear from you, any available cash balance will be converted to Credits.

Sincerely,

IMVU Team

Really? Yall are threatening to turn my hard-earned "capped" cash into credits if I don't sign up which deadline was yesterday? And then force me to buy V.I.P in order to get the cash if I do sign up?? Please make it make sense! OH and Get This! I Can't Even get copies of my Income Statements because it's saying "ERROR" Hmmm I WONDER why is that? I had to take a screenshot of what I made instead. SMH I can tell it won't be long before these developers come together and fight back against unfair treatment!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “BunnyCakes” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

The catalog of fresh new talent has been shrinking to a point of no growth. There are barely a handful of mesh makers left. This decision is tearing apart the core of what is keeping IMVU afloat. Who will want NFTs if no one is creating anything new? What happens then?

I strongly disagree with IMVU's decision to start charging creators for their earnings and I feel deeply offended.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Goldilocks” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

I do have an issue paying to be paid, no matter what concessions IMVU might make. Grandfathered Creators never agreed to pay to get paid (the whole concept is outrageous). It's not what we signed up for. It's like holding our payments hostage, unless we pay up. Hmmm... sounds like a mafia tactic to me. Harsh? Yes. Pretty accurate description? Again, yes.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TheForsakenDead” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

There is another thread on this that has been answered that "Yes, Grandfathered in accounts will need to pay for VIP to be paid cash" - i feel like they should grandfather those in too personally. Like "Already getting cash? You can, but if you decide to switch from credits to cash as a grandfathered in account, now you gotta pay"

People are asking to be able to combine accounts and stuff as a compromise.

https://cc.imvu.com/s/question/0D55d0000DyhNW3CQM/pay-to-be-paid-new-update

0 Votes

C

Posted by “cbmvb” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ yes that does make it problematic. Before adding a new fee for grandfathered creators, consideration of such a large population like the EU and the requirements for tax compliance would have been a wiser choice.

I think new features would be a better path to making more money. Modernize the search as @LestatDeLioncourt​ describes <a href="https://cc.imvu.com/s/feed/0D55d0000DygXuACQU">here</a>.

Offer more tools for creators such as better reports, more flexibility in controlling aspects of our shops, etc., and require VIP to use those extra tools. Make them high quality and irresistible. Promote them and explain how much better they are. Get people to WANT to sign up for VIP.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “xinfo” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

The way the narrative was redirected in a way for grandfathered accounts to still have to pay for VIP to create despite the promises is ridiculous.

If I am being forced to pay to get paid than please start giving FREELANCE creators the tools to better your platform which will also better your income. If better circumstances were made such as an increase in MASA, a better professional and business options for creators who have filed out the papers your required for us to get paid we should also receive better access to the paper work that demands for it.

A website dedicated to creators to be able to access this information such as any other US gov company has one for their employees and 1099 complaint companies/ individuals/contractos so should we.

If you're going to charge me a small business to get paid than as a small business I would like better access to my financial information and services you provide.​

There is much that needs to be improved. ​

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

How is it even REMOTELY fair (or sustainable) for us to be paying to create content that the company gives away for FREE by gifting out so many promo-credits for no reason at all... other than it costs the company nothing and costs us EVERYTHING.

Being a creator is half as profitable than 2021 but double the expense. It is so much harder to make a real sale and we are seeing no effort to better the situation at all, we all feel alienated and frustrated by the lack of new features that we really need.

Features like nums mentioned that let us administrate and control with what currency we let our products be bought and make a plan to face these hard times.

There is only so much the community will take until we close shop. This is not sustainable.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

We need so many features it's embarrassing. Some of us earn a living on here and can't even control what products are given for free! (promocredits)

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

So much this! THIS THIS THIS THIS-SO-HARD

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

They need to honor what they have in writing https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002T75W7CAJ/12132022-update-announcing-new-vip-tiers

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Nums” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Maybe not the right place, but if you're going to force people to pay. You guys really need to add more creating QoL features. Give us more control to see the money we are earning. Better analytics and also an easier time upkeeping products. Maybe let us sort our shops, I don't know. What products are being slammed by unwanted promos and what products sell for actual credits? Make it worth peoples money to pay.

0 Votes

C

[Archived]

@cbmvb​ I am afraid a receipt is not an invoice and is worthless in my country as far as taxing / business expenses are concerned. I need a tax compliant invoice for that, one that is EU compliant (in my case)

0 Votes

C

Posted by “cbmvb” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

@MissMaya​ I'm not grandfathered. I get an automatic receipt in my email each month when I get charged for VIP.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “shopdaisylogo” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

Grandfathered are the best at knowledge on this game, we give updates on problems because we understand developing more than new devs. They will lose out on so much more the rock that supports the game.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “TheForsakenDead” on May 16, 2023.

[Archived]

This is very troubling for the grandfathered accounts - especially those of us who already earn money. I agree with MissMaya - if we're going to suddenly have this we need invoices and such so we can properly log and file our taxes with the change.

Plus doesn't this basically mean that no one is allowed to create without VIP anymore? I mean yes there are a handful of creators who do it for credits only, but I imagine most of the Grandfathered accounts still working on VU all switched to Cash. I know I did because I've needed the extra money, and I legitimately only didn't pay to get VIP because I can't yet afford to do that.

And it's confusing to see "This doesn't include legacy creators who already signed up for VIP before the VIP change" - I assume this means anyone with legacy VIP is fine but all grandfathered in accounts are not? But yeah that does break the promises VU made to us and I imagine a lot of grandfathered creators might just leave instead - which worries me because that'll limit the catalog even further.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Parcel” on May 15, 2023.

[Archived]

I would like clarification on this too.

I have a grandfathered creator account, meaning I'm not required to have VIP to create because I became a creator before that requirement. IMVU PROMISED when they made creating a VIP exclusive, that no part of the creation process would be made VIP exclusive for grandfathered accounts.

Going back on promises made to any of your creators would be very bad for the sites reputation, and adds an unnecessary expense to creators who have not needed it in the past.

Also, why is the "get more information" link redirect to buy credits and upgrades, and not an article clarifying the changes?

This should not be the page we're directed to if we need more information.

I'm feeling very alarmed by the lack of proper information about any of this, and at the prospect of IMVU going back on promises it made to us when it enacted the VIP to create model.

0 Votes