[Archived - JustinWallace] Suggestion? Promo Credits to Dev Tokens?

Posted about 2 months ago by Community

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Un Answered
C
Community Admin

Posted by “JustinWallace” on April 07, 2022.

[Archived]

I didn't know where to put this so I put it here. Is there anything in the works where we can trade our promo credits for dev tokens? Their about the same thing right? Just think it would be more beneficial for Creators then having thousands of promo credits from random things considering I'm never going to get down to a balance where I'm going to use the promo credits.

0 Votes

14 Comments

Sorted by
C

Community posted about 2 months ago Admin

Posted by “LUXFITS” on November 12, 2022.

[Archived]

i dont understand the promos seems to me everywhich way they make the money,i like the platform ,i hate the lack of true support,agents are scripted,off topic but there needs ap feed,and complaints should come with an explanation,ive read tand cs ,fits ga no words and removed as a reporter didnt like it ,go to live chat they dend you to t&cs ,need a collective group to speak to imvu before its left behind by platforms that are allowing more immersive content,selling ap items,but only for private use,but you buy an ap badge be easy to have it built in on feed ap only feed.there missing the future metaverse,too many regulations no answers no one seems to know who to speak to ,i gave up online chat its a waste its scripted,

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JustinWallace” on August 15, 2022.

[Archived]

I honestly wouldn't mind that. Kinda like they have the system for the vcoin=credits or whatever that system is that I haven't really looked into lol

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on August 11, 2022.

[Archived]

How about a flat exchange of X Number of Promos converted to X Number of DTs?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JustinWallace” on August 10, 2022.

[Archived]

Rebumping this because I don't know if anythings ever been done to move forward with this.

There's been a lot of valid points brought up here that 1) We have promo credits we're not going to do anything with. Polystyrene didn't even realize they had 27k in promos. Personally I'm blown away by the fact that MsPixelicious had someone buy a bundle with that many promo credits and then it made me wonder something else that upset me.

Pretty sure that every time I sell a hair and it's paid for with promo credits, it's supposed to be 300 credits income on my end but I get paid 1 dev token for that. I might be wrong, pretty sure I'm not. But the creating exchange rate for creating with dev tokens is 1 token = 10 credits. So technically if I sold a hair and it was purchased with promo credits, wouldn't the correct exchange be 30 dev tokens = 300 credits? THIS math concerns me especially when it comes to MsPixelicious and the transaction they are referring to. That's a huge amount of promotional credits to receive what 1 dev token HOPEFULLY per item in that bundle....

The second thing I'd like to bring up is maybe an easier solution would be to give the option of what we want to use at time of purchase when we buy something instead of just automatically taking off the top of our pile. Like a little window that pops up that says "you have X number of promo credits, would you like to use those now?" or something. Because I do on occation buy things from shop for myself and would use them if I didn't have to hack my way down first.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JustinWallace” on August 10, 2022.

[Archived]

I actually hadn't thought about doing that before. Except even then like you said transfer limits are an issue.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MsPixelicious” on May 03, 2022.

[Archived]

it's simply not fair!..the very name of the things tell us all we need to know! PROMO-tional credits! a gimmick to lure people in to spend at imvu (which is all well and good) but why do WE have to bear the burdon of NO SALES with these things?

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on May 02, 2022.

[Archived]

I'm not exactly sure how I managed it (I don't do surveys etc) but I have 27k promos :/

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MsPixelicious” on May 02, 2022.

[Archived]

just added it all up today and i've lost (the potential of) 29,634 in promo credits in ONE DAY!

I also noted the purchase of someone elses bundle package to the tune of 208968 in PROMO CREDITS!!

(i didnt even think that was possible!)

not one to brag or anything but 30k in credits is somewhere around $29!

....TWENTY NINE DOLLARS PER DAY LOST IN REVENUE!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “MsPixelicious” on April 27, 2022.

[Archived]

promos shouldnt even be part of the currency..they should be a one time 'promotional' GIMMIC to demonstrate to newcomers how easy it is to purchase items from the catalogue - and THATS IT!

nothing more heartbreaking then when you see wave after wave of purchases of your catalogue amounting to NOTHING because the person used PROMO CREDITS!

utterly worthless!

0 Votes

C

Posted by “JustinWallace” on April 11, 2022.

[Archived]

I'm sure there will always be people who will try to trade in a huge amounts of them and try to abuse it. But that's going to be the case with everyone. I currently have 2,245 that are just sitting there being annoying. As it is I'm trying to dev down my credits so that I can use the promo ones but those credit deals get me everytime lol. I couldn't imagine sitting there trying to do all this stuff to build up a massive amount of promo credits to trade in for dev tokens AND do everything else I need to do for my shop. Even now I try to do peer review for dev tokens so that i can cut my costs and get tired of it after about 50.

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on April 09, 2022.

[Archived]

What about if we open a Help Case and ask for an exchange. Put a limit on it like 10,000 Promos at a time or something most can use.

I can see where Help Cases would go up if people were allowed to exchange Promos for Dev Tokens in very low numbers. (Ex: Oh I got 100 Promos, let me exchange them). Nope! Some may abuse this if it were allowed. Most of us who need this would dump like 50,000 promos for Dev Tokens at a time...... LOL

Limits would reduce exchange traffic

0 Votes

C

Posted by “LestatDeLioncourt” on April 09, 2022.

[Archived]

I do like the idea, it has been discussed in the Old Past (LoL) I would like to see a way to either use Promos to Dump them.

The only way I can use them is to Transfer all Real Credits to another account then dump the Promos on stuff (useless purchases).

We can't really do this anymore as Transfer Limits are a big issue :(

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Beauly” on April 09, 2022.

[Archived]

@RigsK​ @Drosselmeyer​ 

0 Votes

C

Posted by “Polystyrene” on April 08, 2022.

[Archived]

This would be nice. Dev tokens are somewhat more useful than promo credits. I'd also like to see more uses for DTs (that aren't restricted to VIPs only).

0 Votes